Xlime Offer Optimizer.com

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by rtf15, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtf15

rtf15 Registered Member

I cannot get rid of pop ups which are apparently from the site Xlimeofferoptimizer.com. I have run Ad-Aware SE personal and E Trust EZ Anti-Virus, but neither work. Can you please help me get rid of this. Thank you

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

HI rtf,

I have moved this to a more appropriate forum. ~ TAS :)

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

where is this more appropriate thread Tas?

4. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

You might want to give Ad Muncher (an extraordinary piece of software) a try. Say goodbye to Pop-Up ads, floaters, even text ads if you so desire. The filtering capabilities are phenomenal.

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

err... this post was originally in the Test forum. :) Maybe I should have said moved it to this forum. ;)

TAS

6. james_769

james_769 Guest

Add xxx.xlime.offeroptimizer to the list of restricted sites in Internet Explorer. That's what I did.
    I used about five virus and add wear removers but they didn't stop the xlime thing.
    When the pop up comes up, right click the upper left hand e and start to make it available off line. The dialogue box will show you the web address, add it to the restricted sites on Internet Explorer.
    You will probably still get a blank box popping up sometimes, just close it.
    That's the best I've come up with.

edited to disable link i Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2004
  7. incrediBill

incrediBill Guest

Had the same exact problem and so I went to xxxx.offeroptimizer.com support and emailed them about the problem and support@offeroptimizer.com . They emailed me back with a free pass to mypctuneup and it cured the problem. apparently the adware spyware software they have detects offeroptimizer and uninstalls it. Ive been free of it for 2 weeks now so i hope it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  8. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

9. lps622

lps622 Guest

I just found this on another site. You need to delete the file localNrd.dll in the Windows directory. This will solve your problem.

10. stu

stu Guest

I've got this problem as well and I've searched everywhere for a solution... ive searched on my harddrive for the file "localNRD.dll" but its not on there. These things are driving me bananas! Any solutions?

11. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I located the localnrd.dll file, but when I try to delete it, Windows won't let me (error message says 'Cannot delete localnrd - access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use')

How do I delete such a file? This darn Offer Opitmizer is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance - great forum!

Vicki

12. agent

agent Guest

forget about the localnrd.dll - I erased that file but xlime offer optimizer is not impressed at all. It keeps on coming up. That's all I can say. I am still watching out for help in newsgroups.

Good luck to everyone of us!

13. mla

mla Guest

I am yet another victim.
    There is more involved than just the dll.
    I see funny things going on with cookie files.
    I found a file called <myuser>offeroptimizer[1].txt (see contents below) in C:\Documents and Settinges\<my user>\cookies.
    I managed to edit it and changed the contents to 'junk'. I just replaced the contents below with 'junk'.
    Somehow, offer optimizer must have detected this and I noticied a new file created: <myuser>offeroptimizer[2].txt
    Deleting any of these files simply causes others to be created, possibly by the DLL.

cookie contents:
    -------------
    OASISID
    415e9117aa345
    offeroptimizer.com/
    js
    offeroptimizer.com/
    delay
    eJydkk1uAjEMRu%2BSE9ixHf%2FMaVDFYhaVkKjKAs3dcZiyKMpogF2c5L18snMIi%2BsclUx4OgTH9RwU5Xz8KdMcCG5GpGjT3%2
    FZXyZVEQROksu7%2BHi%2F3y2s1f58eqFfARJesqGLqaaQ3Bx7p7VnfPQauWznz7DXRv5wIyAQ
    dTX9lQRj6VVFIaOTHHT8QaEfv%2BRE28meHKraRv%2B302UkMEu1%2BtS0%2FW9UGz%2
    F7q3vbm6IIuiXZ%2Fq2Bb%2FWdh%2FPSfOK%2FzhXxp7Fc1EXl%2Fvj1aRU10WW6Fc8Ml
    offeroptimizer.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  14. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

15. agent

agent Guest

Hi desperate guys!

Got to announce something to you:

Xlime Offer Optimizer successfully buried (erased) by running Ad-Aware SE 1.05!!! Free at last.

I didn't want to have the hassle to change certain entries as everywhere posted in the threads. I was looking for an easy and powerful solution. All you need is to install Ad-Aware SE 1.05 and follow the receipe I copy/pasted for you below. I got that from the site:
    http://computercops.biz/postp321907.html

It works. Consider your all your trouble as history from now on. Since I killed it there haven't been any advertisements anymore.

Good luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download the latest version of Ad-Aware (Ad-Aware SE Build 1.05) from Major Geeks.

If you have a previous version of Ad-Aware installed, during the installation of the new version you will be prompted to uninstall or keep the older version - be sure to uninstall the previous version.

After installing Ad-aware, you will be prompted to update the program and run a full scan. De-select all boxes so that it does not run.

Manually run "Ad-Aware SE Personal" and from the main screen Click on "Check for Updates Now".

Once the definitions have been updated:

Reconfigure Ad-Aware for Full Scan as per the following instructions:

-Launch the program, and click on the Gear at the top of the start screen.

-Under General Settings the following boxes should all be checked off: (Checked will be indicated by a green circle with a check mark in it, Un-Checked is a red circle with an X in it. If it is greyed out, those features are only available in the retail version.)

- Automatically save logfile"
    - Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal"
    - Safe Mode (always request confirmation)
    - Prompt to update outdated confirmation) - Change to 7 days.
    - Click the "Scanning" button (On the left side).
    - Under Drives & Folders, select "Scan within Archives"
    - Click "Click here to select Drives + folders" and select your installed hard drives.
    - Under Memory & Registry, select all options.
    - Click the "Advanced" button (On the left hand side).
    - Under "Shell Integration", select "Move deleted files to Recycle Bin".
    - Under "Log-file detail", select all options.
    - Click on the "Defaults" button on the left.
    - Type in the full url of what you want as your default homepage and searchpage e.g. http://www.google.com.
    - Click the "Tweak" button (Again, on the left hand side).
    - Expand "Scanning Engine" by clicking on the "+" (Plus) symbol) and select the following:
    - "Unload recognized processes during scanning."
    - "Obtain command line of scanned processes"
    - "Scan registry for all users instead of current user only"
    - Under "Cleaning Engine", select the following:
    -"Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion."
    -"During removal, unload explorer and IE if necessary"
    -"Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot."
    - "Delete quarrantined objects after restoring"
    - Click on "Safety Settings" and select "Write-protect system files after repair (Hosts file, etc)"
    - Click on "Proceed" to save these Preferences.
    - Click on the "Scan Now" button on the left.
    - Under "Select Scan Mode, be sure to select "Use Custom Scanning Options".

- Close all programs except ad-aware.
    - Click on "Next" in the bottom right corner to start the scan.
    - Run the Ad-Aware scan and allow it to remove everything it finds and then REBOOT - Even if not prompted to.
    - After you log back in, Ad-Aware may run to finalize the scan and remove any locked files that it may of found. Allow it to finish.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. ?cheekymon

?cheekymon Guest

i used the ad-aware program also plus got the Ccleaner.I used the Ccleaner first to remove the website add-ons then ran the ad-aware program and found all sort of malware i didnt know i had.Atleast 110 programs were found .i followed the adjustments i have seen for custom running the ad-aware program and i haven't had a pop-up yet (they are listed above in this thread) take care all
    Chris

17. Tacopalypse

Tacopalypse Guest

Re: Xlime OfferOptimizer

THIS WORKS! and its real simple... download the free trial version of webroot spy sweeper at www.webroot.com. It doesn't cost a thing, theres no trial period, you can keep it forever. It got rid of xlime for me in just a few seconds. I haven't had another xlime pop up since i used spy sweeper. It gets rid of just about all internet crap like that.

18. ?Cleve

?Cleve Guest

I, like others, have had a problem with this Xlime.offeroptimizer.com crap. I was able to solve my problem (windows XP, service pack 2) by deleting the file mxTarget.dll. I was able to delete this file and my computer has not had any bad side effects. In fact, the only effect that has occured is that I do not have any more annoying and frustrating pop-ups that make me lose time on the work I am doing.

I can not say that this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. I could not find that localNRD.dll file so I downloaded Adware and it found the file. It was going to make me purchase the program to clean it up through the program. Since I am cheap I decided to delete the file on my own.

I suspect that it should work for everyone but because I am paranoid of our legal system and how everyone can sue so easily, delete this file at your own risk and if you use my advice you agree to hold me harmless of any, and all side effects that happen to your computer. I am only saying that MY windows XP works fine after deleting the file.

19. ?Cleve

?Cleve Guest

In the second paragraph I meant to say that the adware found mxTarget.dll. I was never able to find localNRD.dll

20. Xlime-iz-gay

Xlime-iz-gay Guest

Does anybody know the expression "If you can't beat em' join em'"? Well...I fortunatly got into an Xlime advertisement and tracked the IP address of where they're coming from. 116 callidedale california. I showed these little spammers a piece of my mind by giving them a taste of they're own medicine! hahah! They sent me a letter 4 days ago telling me their sorry, but nothing changed on my pc. It's still infected

21. XLIME-HATER

XLIME-HATER Guest

haha nice man, but yo, this is pissing me off. Nothing works, and i don't feel like paying for a new spyware killer right now...Isn't there nething free in our days that workso_O LoL.... I'm so pissed

22. someone help a girl out!

Well, I tried downloading the Spy Sweet thing from webroot.com and guess what, I still have the annoying pop-ups?? So, does anyone have anything more simple? I mean I'm no computer genius so it really does have to be simple!! Someone pplllleaaasseee help!

23. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Re: someone help a girl out!

There is a thread here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662 If you READ through the ENTIRE thread BEFORE proceeding, then download EVERY program suggested, and run EVERY program in SAFE MODE when your are at the SAFE MODE step, this should get you sorted.

What I have suggested is slightly different from the step by step instructions, in that you are downloading every program suggested and then running all in SAFE MODE.

If you are technically inclined there are removal instructions here: http://geocities.com/upyours_f/xlime.html and a running thread on removal here: http://computercops.biz/print-1-45550.html

I would also suggest completing the General Cleaning Instructions thread and following through on the links to further securing your Computer.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  24. ?anonomus

?anonomus Guest

go to www.Webroot.com download and install trial version of spy sweeper it works finally some relief...

25. DPS444

DPS444 Registered Member

[MOVE]No it doesn't[/MOVE]

had mine 17 days, worked 1st week or so, now I run scan, takes 4 hours, removes, then I go to same websites, www.craiglist.org or EBAY & it's back :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.