Xerobank vs Ghostsurf

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by KingdomCome, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingdomCome

KingdomCome Registered Member

Which is better?

2. I no more

I no more Registered Member

One is.

3. KingdomCome

what the hell is "One"?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

you seemed to have used ghostsurf in the past, maybe try xerobank and tell us your impressions of each.

5. KingdomCome

Right.

I thought Ghostsurf with 1024 bit encryption and it was decent. Roughly the same speed as Tor as it is right now.

I have yet to try Xerobank.

6. I no more

I no more Registered Member

Just my way of commenting on the lack of information you provided. What are your criteria for a good service?

Speed is an important criterion. Strange that a paid service is not faster than Tor. Presumably page loading speed and latency would be better on Ghostsurf, even if downloads aren't much faster.

7. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I once used Ghostsurf with my WinXP platform. As far as I could tell at the time, it provided only a one hop proxy to the ghostsurf server - i.e. not at all like either Tor or Xerobank with 3 hops.

Does Ghostsurf even have a network of anonymous nodes like Tor or Xerobank.

Since the term "better" is relative, and the OP (KindomCome) only includes Ghostsurf vs Xerobank - I'd like to ask the question "better" in what regard?

What does GS encrypt and where does GS encrypt it with 1024 bit encryption?

Certainly, speed cannot be the major issue. Anonymity, security, and privacy rate higher as meaningful criteria. What features does Ghostsurf offer to defeat traffic analysis?

-- Tom

8. nightrace

nightrace Registered Member

Are you concerned about traffic analysis or legal prosecution? If it's the latter then one-hop is all you need as long as the VPN is incorporated in an offshore jurisdiction like The Seychelles and has servers all over the world in "inconvenient" locations. Take a look at VPN4ALL.

9. MakePB

MakePB Registered Member

I've used both in past and still use it. My experience is that Ghostsurf is much faster than TOR.

Speed of GS depend on proxy server. Each time you connect/disconnect GS you will be connected to another proxy server. It can happen that sometime is proxy slower than usually but from from 10x you will 9x have very fast proxy server.

10. redcell

redcell Registered Member

Can somebody explain to me why Xerobank trusted by 0 on its website?

xb.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.