XeroBank Supports "Anticensorship Shelter"

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Pleonasm, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

News about XeroBank’s support of an "anticensorship shelter"...

2. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

It'd be nice if Xerobank supported it's paying customers. Total shambles - no support, no contact, no nothing. Yet the site spouts all this guff about a support desk etc.

Actually, I reckon there is a desk, just nobody sat at it. Xerobank is just a man called Steve. A clever man he is, but alas, he isn't interested in the people who give him money every month. Shame.

I might email one of the PC magazine places and see if any of them want to run a story about Xerobank - maybe if there is some publicity then something might improve?

3. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

@noblelord

There's no denying that XeroBank staff go missing sometimes. They've been particularly scarce for the past few months. However, the reason for that is obvious -- they're rolling out a new system.

It's also worth noting that, except for some announced downtime, the network has been available 24/7 during the two plus years that I've used it.

4. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

They say that freedom is expensive.

Edit:My bad. I was trying to be ironic as I didn't notice it said "free of charge". Xerobank has always been an expensive name in my head. We'll see what turns out.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

This is one of the coolest things I have heard in a long time. Bravo Xerobank! I would expect nothing less from them.

6. SevenSight

SevenSight Registered Member

I support all that Xerobank stands for, but have severed ties due to an absolute lack of customer support. In fact, I attempted on 4 separate occasions to cancel my contract with this company as a result of the non-existent support, following the cancellation instructions precisely as listed on their website.

In the end, I had to report my credit card stolen to prevent further payments going off (4 months X $35 a month AFTER canceling my contract is not my idea of a reputable company, perhaps my expectations are too high).

If you are considering this provider, their product is good, BUT BE WARNED:

1. non-existent customer support (not even an acknowledgment of your support ticket)

2. Impossible to cancel the standing payment order from your account despite following THEIR cancellation instructions (in the end I had to report my card stolen)

PS - Steve, I bought into your gospel throughout the Wilders forums, but you have not delivered. Good product, but I would not recommend your company to anyone.

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It would be nice to hear about the new technology from Steve himself and not his staff (what staff) Steve is ZeroBank, a one man show if you will :) .

8. Metastasio

Metastasio Registered Member

I suspect XB may be a honeypot. What better way to mass-fish for perverts, ne'er-do-wells, and dissidents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.