Xerobank Support Sucks!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rwbrwb, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwbrwb

rwbrwb Registered Member

Hi I have a xerobank xb plus account.

Paying 35 a month. I was issued a new card and the old card was shut off so the monthly xerobank feed didn't come out. I wrote dalpay and they finally sent me a link to update to my new card. I updated the card number as was charged for this months fees.

But after 3 days, 3 support request via support tickets later, still not one single reply or help.

All I want is my service turned back on, I paid, but no service what so ever from them.

I figured I might get Steves attention on here and get some help.

What are my other options compariable to Xerobank VPN service?

2. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

It's a one-man shop. Trust me. XeroBank IS Steve Topletz. He may pay for some part-time help on programming issues, but the rest? IT IS ALL STEVE. People are having no response from the support ticket system now. Why? Because Steve is obviously not close by! Notice this coincides with his absence from Wilders for 5 days.

Somebody asked if Xerobank is fluff. It's WORSE.

3. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Yes sadly I am starting to wonder the same,I ran into the same issue as you did. This is what I had to do,i closed my old account and had to start a new one it was a headache cause I had to copy the new credentals into my VPN config files. Xerobank is great and overall I was happy with service and I am not here to just rant about how xerobank sucks it's just this, the service costs $35.00 dollars a month good support is expected for that price.Please Steve get better support and you will truly have a solid product, this isn't me trying to shoot xerobank down.

4. rwbrwb

rwbrwb Registered Member

Yea I don't have a problem with there service, its worked great. But when a problem arose there is no one to help me. No email support, No phone support.

Is there a better choiceo_O I'm tired of waiting.

5. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Well honestly I don't no who else to recommend I am going to stick with xerobank for a few more months and if I see no improvement then I will have to stop recomending them.The only guys that I guess would kinda compare to xerobank is cryptohippie but they only allow something like 15GBs of traffic each month far to littole for me but they might be a option.Finding a good anon service that you can trust is hard to find.

6. rwbrwb

rwbrwb Registered Member

So you just signed up for a new account with your same credit card?

Can I use the same credit card to create a new account?

Wonder how easy dalpay would give me a refund for this months service.

7. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Well I am pretty sure it would work with the same credit card as long as you deactivate your old account, I used a different credit card to sighn up though. This is what I did, first I deactivated my old dalpay account moved it to another email, then I went to xerobank.com deleted my old account and sighned up for a new one. As far as refunds I would guess dalpay would give you your money back, I would contact them. This is ashame personaly I had to do all that to switch credit cards. If Steve don't fix support soon within a few months I will have to find someone else but I do have faith in Steve and hope he has this resolved soon. I remember a few weeks back there was a power outage in the Netherlands data center maybe that has something to do with support issues. Oh yea remember when you make your new account to download the keyfiles and just copy them into your xerobank VPN config folder.

8. rwbrwb

rwbrwb Registered Member

Yea just had to do the same thing, now I'm back up and running.

Guess I shouldn't ever let my card laps again LOL

O well at least I'm back up and running now. Thanks Steve :doubt:

9. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

In other words, you are basically admitting that Steve IS XeroBank. Remember, he claims to only be a "consultant" to the company. But surely everyone here has noticed if there's a problem with this, he fixes it - if there's a problem with that - he fixes it, if there's a problem with anything - Steve fixes it or says he'll fix it soon. From server issues, to support issues, to payment processing issues, it's STEVE who comes back here to tell us he fixed it. Yet, he says he doesn't even know who owns XeroBank(!) and is merely PR and a "consultant to the company". WHERE does this trust of Steve Topletz come from? Isn't it obvious by now that it is seriously misplaced?

10. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Better choice? I can't say what the quality of the said software is, but there definitely is choice. You should check the free, open-source openVPN:

http://openvpn.net/

Mrk

11. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

trackbuster is good and they tell you exactly what happens regarding the new data retention laws

12. jonw

jonw Registered Member

They look just like another vpn service nothing special lol, everyone claims no logs but finding someone who holds to this is the one you want to use.These guys must be new cause no one has said much about them meaning that crowding on there network is probably not optimal but this is just opinion not fact, I am going to bed and please don't let this start a flame war.
    Oh and Jap does to!

13. emmpe

emmpe Registered Member

Been contemplating that one, but you'd have to set up a reliable server at the other end. I see no practical, secure and legal way to do that on your own. Any ideas?

14. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Well I no ovh sells cheap servers, I am paying like $45.00 for one and you could probably configure one of them with linux and they have 100mb connections so this would give you more than enough bandwidth.The only thing is you can set your server to not keep any logs but I think ovh as a company has to keep logs.Thats the only downfall almost all hosting companys are going to keep logs of some sort.

15. JB007

JB007 Registered Member

Hey Jonw is it easy to set up an account with xerobank and set those VPN config files you mention? Also looking on here it would appear xerobank seems to not log and supplies a good explanation about it?

16. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Hello everyone.

For most of the comments here, I agree and I feel your pain. It bothers me that people are out there feeling like they are cut off or not getting the help they need. I would like everyone having an issue to contact us directly at admin@xerobank.com.

Because of this mail snafu that happened, it exacerbated an issue with the support system, which has lots of people asking questions.

I've spoken with management and we'll be issuing free service to some of the folks, refunding others, and I've asked that an autonomous support system be designed from scratch this week.

Because there will be a new support system, we get some opportunities for new features. How do you feel about automated responses to let you know your ticket was received, who it has been assigned to, and how much time is on the ticket? How do you feel about live chat? How do you feel about a feedback system on the support after your ticket is resolved? What features would you like to see? Please email those suggestions to us as well. :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  17. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Sweet hope to see a lot of good come out of this Steve!

18. SteveTX

When you see a problem as an opportunity, everyone wins. I like winning.

19. apriljay

apriljay Registered Member

Steve,

I hope you mean what you said since I just sent Xerobank an email requesting that you immediately resolve the problems I've been having with the service, for which I signed up on a trial basis only a few days ago, haven't been able to use it and have begun looking for an another service provider.

On this forum (to which I'm a new member, in part to respond to issues related to Xerobank) you talk a great game about the service and how fabulous it it and so far superior to other providers (especially because it's located in Panama rather than some other, usually, privacy unfriendly jurisdiction, though I've heard conflicting stories about Panama's privacy, esp. vis-a-vis the Netherlands, which has privacy built into its constitution).

But, from what I can see from your clients' comments here...well, the title of this thread says it all.

Please promptly resolve the issues we're having so we can say good things about Xerobank. It appears to be an outstanding business model and privacy concept but in consumer practice, not so much. It would be terribly sad to see a group of disgruntled users on say, Twitter--and then major privacy bloggers like Wired, come after to you. Can you say "Motrim Moms"?

Please respond to my email promptly. Thank you.

April Jefferson

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  20. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Wow a lot of interesting things have been said in this post, well as far as support I can't tell you for sure if Steve will have it fixed or if he won't that's on him not me. This is my real question if Xerobank sucks so bad whats better? What is out there that's a double hop system and gives me at least 75GB of traffic, if someone can find something better start a post about it cause I have been searching for a while and this is the best I have found but I am all ears on anything better.

Hey apriljay I do fill your pain with support as of right now it sucks I just hope they can fix this problem.

21. SteveTX

Apriljay, make sure you sent it to the email address I listed in this thread. I don't see anything from you.

We have a new support system built, and it should have an interface completed tomorrow. It based of the Cerberus 4 System, our prior one was Cerberus 3. This one is hosted on a external server, and will get it's own dedicated box in a few days when we move it.

22. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Xerobank Kicks Ass! There is NOTHING out there that even comes close. And I have used several services.

I have had to call Dalpay a couple of times over a billing issue. Once when I switched from XB1 to XB2. And another when I had to switch cards. If you signed up and your card has not been charged, call Dalpay. They have a toll free number and they will handle it over the phone. They are very polite.

But anyway, I have had Xerobank for a couple of years now and I hear comments sometimes here that are just silly. Undoubtedly from pissed off competitors. I love it though because competition is good. It is an incentive to offer a better service. And Xerobank just keeps getting better because those who are involved are devoted and obviously love what they do. It's not just about the money. I know I would certainly be proud if I were able to achieve these kinds of things. Cryptorouter, XB Machine, and now a version of XB Browser that you can run Tor with flash and javascript? Xerobank is far better than anyone else.

23. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Thats exactly what my point there is nothing out there better.
    Thanks caspian for your response I mean yea there support is not good but there working on it and I mean if you post on the forums and don't bash xerobank into the ground you will get help very quickly!

24. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Yeah I agree. I have never had a problem. On one occasion, my account stopped working and then after talking to Steve, it turned out that I had exceeded my 75G for the month, hehe! I guess I was on a sort of download frenzy. But I have no worries whatsoever about getting a resolution to any issue.

25. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Yea true and I guess people will always hate on something no matter what its just a fact of life. For the most part xerobank is great and whenever they offer the cryptorouter to us normal people I will have it made lol have my whole network running through xerobank.Hopefully like you said though I won't go pass my 75gb limit cause I kinda play online with my ps3 a lot that might suck up a lot of data. I wonder if Xerobank will ever offer unlimited traffic or something even higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.