Xerobank question

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

If i don't want to use Xerobank all the the time then what is the best way to turn it off, and use my own ISP internet? I know Xerobank still uses my own ISP, but don't want to use Xerobank all the time. I have been going to control panels, Network connections, and then disabling the Xerobank tap connection. Is there a better way of doing this? I disconnected the Xerobank connection using the Xerobank icon in the desktop toolbar, but then wasn't able to use my own ISP. I haven't found any documentation on this matter.

2. dan901

dan901 Registered Member

I turned off the startup task for openvpn so windows doesn't open it automatically. Then I start openvpn manually after I log in. This seems to put it properly in the task bar so that I can turn it off and on at will.

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Just go down to the xerobank logo in your system tray, right click, and select "disconnect". I'm going to make a video tutorial on our software in a couple of weeks to explain it to new users.

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Thanks for the help Steve. I have disconnected Xerobank service from the system tray before. My regular ISP service doesn't work after i disconnect Xerobank service. Whats the best way to reconnect my regular ISP service once i've disconnected Xerobank service. Do i have to go to control panels / Network settings, and reconnect? Is there a better way of doing this?

5. Sheldon7

Sheldon7 Registered Member

I find it's the easiest thing in the world.
    Click XB icon, click disconnect. Three seconds later the VPN is automatically exited, and the normal ISP connection resumes.

Are you using wireless? Maybe need a better way of refreshing your router?
    Give us more details re: your connection and might be able to shed some light.

6. Cutting_Edgetech

I'm not using a router on this computer. Its connected directly into my cable modem. I'm going to try to do a reinstall, and then try again. So my own ISP service should automatically start working after i disconnect Xerobank service. It wasn't, but thanks it could be a problem with my OA firewall. I will give it another try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.