xerobank now cheaper that perfect privacy

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by geazer40, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

what do you think does it make xerobank good choice now with the way currency's are going

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Wow, look at that. I'll tell xb management to raise the rates. :)

3. badjoey

badjoey Registered Member

steve can i ask why you can not update the addons installed with the xerobank browser and why you canot open the xerobank browser without the vpn opening as well. i think one should be able to be used without the other and not being able to update the addons is bad cause the noscript addon is way out of date.

4. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

The premise of not allowing addons to update is that 1) it can affect your browser anonymity by applying insecure settings. 2) it is 3rd party software which can add unvetted code, which could purposefully break your anonymity, or can (and has) broken firefox itself. 3) Addons have a history of insecure and unsigned updates, meaning if you are using the tor network, an evil exit node could hand you a malicious update to hack your machine. 4) xB Browser is updated frequently enough to implement new noscript filter updates.

Thou shalt not have updates from anyone but XeroBank.

However my objection is that noscript filter updates come much too frequently, for which I will have a coversation with georgeo maone. It's obnoxious to see a noscript update every other day to the browser.

Where this is going is that it means we will start doing more frequenty updates, but will probably abandon our current update method and start using a silent updater service that quietly updates the components in your browser without notifying you. That way you are always up to date with the latest whatever.

Apropos, a new firefox update has occurred while writing this. Not just the 2.0.0.19 which went out (yesterday?), but now we are up to 2.0.0.20. We will rebuild it with new noscript and others, and send it out later today, perhaps.

As for xB Browser without the VPN, when you have VPN access... can you tell me more about why you want that?

5. badjoey

badjoey Registered Member

yea sure steve its cause i am running multiple vpn's because xerobank at the moment does not offer an american ip adress. but i like using the xerobank browser no matter what vpn service i am using and find it really irritating thatt everytime i want to use the browser i have to go thru the process of having the vpn open as well.thanks for answering my questions though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.