Xerobank - help

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by noblelord, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Hi,

I’m wondering here if anyone knows much about Xerobank? I’ve got a paid account there but I’ve had some problems. I've browsed this forum before, but never signed up so I thought I would give it a shot. :)

A few weeks ago I signed up for one of their encrypted email accounts and all was well. On Saturday 15th Aug I signed up for another alias for the account and tried to set it up in Outlook 2007 via IMAP. However it turned out I could only send email, and not receive them. I thought this was odd as my other account worked without a problem. So I did my own diagnostics, part of which included sending test messages from various accounts to my Xerobank email address to try and see what was going wrong. Remember, sending email from the account was fine. However I was quite shocked to discover that I had a reply to one of my test messages from the previous owner of this Xerobank e-mail account. He told me that he’d deleted the address from his account, but had left it set up in his Outlook by mistake. I was quite naturally annoyed – why on earth had the Xerobank control panel let me register an e-mail account that was still available to someone else? What is the point of an “encrypted email” service that is supposed to guarantee my email security if the system will let you register and send email for an alias that has not been removed from the previous user? Very good job I bother to test my accounts before using them straight away.

I filed an immediate support ticket (and as I am writing this, I have had no response). I also posted about the issue on the privacy forum at Xerobank, but have had no response from anybody who works for Xerobank. I have submitted numerous support tickets since and a few forum posts about this issue, but nobody has got back to me. I don’t think I’m unjustified in thinking this is bad service so I thought I’d post here and see if anyone else had any experiences or would be able to let me know who to contact about this? I have thus far resisted making a bigger deal out of this than I thought necessary, but it’s getting to the point where I want some answers. Most distressing is the lack of any response to my support requests – even those I submitted before being a member went unanswered. This I find intolerable – aren’t all customers supposed to be valued and cherished by an organisation? I could deal with the original technical glitch, it’s just being left in the dark that annoys me most!

Would be greatful of the feedback of anyone with any experiences on the matter. Oh, and first post here! Hi all.

2. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

SteveTX is the member on here who runs the service pm him

3. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

This is definitely bad service, and being a Xerobank subscriber I find this very unsettling. Steve has also been noticeably absent from the Xerobank forums the last week or so.

4. noblelord

It's interesting - as soon as I made my first post here, I had a reply from Steve on the Xerobank forum. After a very brief email correspondance (it ended with Steve just not replying), I have given up.

I've also searched this forum for Xerobank and am shocked as to what I saw! There doesn't seem to be any support for Xerobank at all - all customers are left high and dry. Such an annoyance.

5. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Wow thats screwed up. Xerobank just dropped a lot in my estimation.

6. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Apologies, I hate it when people don't answer emails they are sent. It is my ethic to answer all email personally, but I still have ~200 new correspondence in my mailbox since BH /defcon and I'm working through them. Mailsystem admin has been notified of mx redirect issue on xeromail.com/xerobank.net, awaiting response. Time is short, but should finish responses to emails in the next 24h if I can set aside additional 4h tonight.

7. noblelord

Still waiting.....

8. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

... maybe ... get xerosurf?:argh:

P.

9. dan901

dan901 Registered Member

did you ever get any help?

10. noblelord

I've heard nothing back at all. The Xerobank forum has a few other people with outstanding questions that have never been answered too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.