xB VPN vs. OpenVPN

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Valder, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valder

Valder Registered Member

Hi!

Originally I wanted to add to this thread, Introducing xB VPN: Portable OpenVPN from XeroBank, but it said "sorry, that thread is too old to be replied to. Please look for a more current thread on the same subject or start a new thread for your post," so here we go.

What is the difference between xP VPN (discontinued?) and normal Open VPN (portable version) software? Is the xB version somewhat safer to use? Irrespective to the actual VPN service I am planning to use any of them.

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Good question. xB VPN is basically a portable and self-contained version of OpenVPN, with some GUI modifications and preshared certificates for connecting to XeroBank. The service is entirely independent of the software. You can connect using OpenVPN or xB VPN.

3. Valder

Valder Registered Member

Thanks Steve!

Hm... I don't see your Xb VPN available now as a stand alone software, but here is the free OpenVPN Portable for those who is interested.

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

What happened to this? Was it not working out technically? I like the portability of it and it seems to work great. How come it's no longer offered?

5. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

It was eaten up into the XeroBank installer. XB installer installs it when it recognizes a VPN account #.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.