xB Browser and adobe flash player

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by zorro zorrito, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

If I add adobe flash player to xB Browser, is it less secure (in anonymity)?

2. Jim Verard

Jim Verard Registered Member

You may find some info regarding this subject here:

Can Java - Javascripts - Cookies reveal real ip behind VPN

In order to be protected, you have to use a firewall (I am using Outpost and following Paranoid member rules and recommendations) to prevent some possible info being leaked without your knowledge.

Also, check these threads:

Finding your Real IP Through ActiveX or Flash?

PRIVACY ON THE NETT

This thread is also very important:

Tor and Javascript

See the last posts from him:

Well, all of these informations are confused and someone should make a walk-trough to prevent these threats against our anonymity, and because I am paranoid, Flash Player was not instaled on my XeroBank, even if my firewall is activated.

The fact is, I will never be entirely sure if there's not going to be any leakage of my true IP, so I decide to not watch Flash Videos at all while XB is running. I may use unsafe browsers to do that.

And even if I am 100% anonymous, Flash videos are the only kind of media that I may block here, so that gives me an option. Java can't be blocked for good (if you do that, you will not be able to surf on most of websites).

Also, I agree with all complaints about how this network used by XeroBank is slow. It was not developed to everyone spend bandwith by making uploads (which are impossible) and downloads of this kind.

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Adobe Flash plugins are capable of leaking. I suggest either abstain from flash, wait for xB Machine which comes out August 3rd, or upgrade to xB Pro. Another option is to use the JanusVM router.

If you upgrade to xB Pro, you will get access to pre-configured xB VPN software. Using xB VPN, you can view Flash and all other rich medias without breaking your anonymity.

4. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

I have seen XB Browser uses american proxies and TorOpera-Torpack use german proxies, is it true that the german prxies are more secure?.

5. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

xB Browser is Torpark, and uses the Tor network. OperaTor also uses the Tor network. What exit-node proxy you get only depends on the moment.

I would hazard to say that those proxies are equally "secure" as the others, being they both use the same network.

However, once again, neither Torpark, xB Browser, nor OperaTor wll protect you from Flash anonymity compromises if you allow Flash to run, which is blocked by default. Only xB VPN, xB Machine, JanusVM, or Incognito LiveCD will protect you in the case that you decide to use Flash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.