Xabot (Ungultiger Datentyp fur)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Frangord1, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frangord1

Frangord1 Registered Member

According to Spybot S&D (1.3), this is a DSO exploit. I have Spybot remove it, and it comes back. Obviously, it's a German thing (I am unable to put the umlauts in the above). I don't know what it is or what I should do about it.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you explain a little more about just what Spybot is showing you in its scan results? If it is just that "DSO Exploit" itself is present and Spybot's attempts to fix it look successful, but the next scan you run shows it there again, then that is a known bug in Spybot 1.3 that hasn't been fixed yet. Look at this thread on that:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=177899

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey FranGord,

Your dealing with 2 issues. The Xabot\Ungultiger Datentyp fur issue and the DSO Exploit issue. LowWaterMark supplied a link to an explanation to the false positive issue concerning the DSO exploit and the below link concerns a false positive as far as the Xabot\Ungultiger Datentyp fur issue.

These below links
    Scan failing on Xabot
    Error: Xabot

BTW....have you downloaded and applied the 23 June 2004 update that may have fixed these false positives ?

4. Frangord1

Thanks, Bubba and Watermark. I am still getting the above when I run SpyBot S&D, have S&D remove it, then get it back again. Bubba, I tried SpyBot for an update, but was told there is none. Do I just wait until there is one?

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Unfortunately, yes. The false positives are known and fixes are coded but not yet released. In the meantime just ignore them.

6. Frangord1

Thank you kindly. I shall ignore it -- until I hear something about an update.
    Fran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.