x64 Firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by seekermeister, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekermeister

seekermeister Registered Member

I imagine that the answer is here in the forum somewhere, but I've been chasing my tail with the firewall and AV issue, since I installed x64. First, I tried Avast, but it caused my system to BSOD and crash. Then I tried AVG, but the firewall was unstable, and when I tried to uninstall it, nothing that I could do would get rid of it. Fortunately, they released a newer version, and that performed the uninstall okay. Then I bought a boxed copy of Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0, but it wouldn't install from the CD. I used a downloaded trial version, and it did install, but only the AV, not the firewall. I called their tech support and they advised me that it wasn't compatable with x64, despite the fact that the box and their website said otherwise. They are supposed to be sending me a check for the purchase price.

I downloaded copies of Outpost and GhostWall today, but Outpost is far too expensive, just for a firewall, and GhostWall has me stumped.

With all of that said, is there a x64 firewall somewhere, that I haven't tried?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, seekermeister

The answer is a very certain Yes. :eek:

Why not Google for? WinXP x64 firewall or Windows XP x64 firewall. o_O

Or Search the forum.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

There is currently a thread concerning this topic here, to save double posting, I will close this thread.

Stem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.