WSAE Beta 8.0.1.216 giving BSOD.

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by ProTruckDriver, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

While running a Full Scan with MBAM Pro. computer froze up and had to hard reboot giving BSOD.

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I think a lot of changes have been made under the hood/bonnet in these recent betas, and may have unintended consequences on some systems. e.g. See my post here

3. ProTruckDriver

Sent trouble ticket to Support, they responded within 5 minutes. :thumb: Downloaded Webroot tool from link they sent for info to computer and sent info.

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have been advised to use that tool, too!... for my problem posted in another thread, but sometimes I feel something like that can be too invasive.

5. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Yesterday, I got 2 Bsods but I can't be sure if WSA is the culprit. What is certain, is that yesterday, WSA was updated to the latest version, 216.

Since yesterday, I've noticed a very slow computer even though before this update, I defragmented my HDD.

I forgot to mention that I encouter also a few freezes running Firefox and others programs with this last WSA version.

Look at the screenshot:

Troubles with ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

Protruckdriver did you got the same results ?

How to get the previous version again ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

A crash of SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED would likely not be Webroot-related. You can uninstall the closed beta and download the current stable/live version from here:

hxxp://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

7. ProTruckDriver

I don't know what files I have troubles with. I have a copy of the log that Webroot Support uploaded from my computer but it's all in Hieroglyphics :eek: On this XP computer I'm back to version 8.0.1.203 because I need this computer for work. I notified Support that I will be putting beta on my other XP computer that is set up the same as this computer that had the BSOD. Beta was running good until I did the Full scan with MBAM Pro (real-time). We'll see if the results are the same on my other XP.

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Support should be able to help you out and get the correct analytical data - let me know if you need anything in the meantime!

9. ProTruckDriver

Thanks Joe, I've been working with Support on this problem and I think it's fixed. (On original work computer)
    I did a fresh install on both MBAM Pro and WSAE V. 8.0.1.220 all set to default settings.
    Full Scan with MBAM Pro (real-time) WSAE enabled Results: Completed Full scan with No BSOD. :D

10. ProTruckDriver

Just wanted to update since last post all settings on WSAE & MBAM PRO were set at default settings.
    I have returned settings like they were to WSAE & MBAM Pro as in Post #1 of this thread. I ran several MBAM Full scans and all resulted as clean and No BSOD. Thanks for the Fix. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.