WSA backup / sync

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by moneysavingexpert, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moneysavingexpert

moneysavingexpert Registered Member

Hello.

I am using this to backup my documents folder, and would like to backup photos taken on my phone etc, there is nothing confidential as such, but with the cloud one always worries about it.

How safe is WSA backup / sync?

I saw an earlier thread where someone seemed to have an issue, not sure if that was resolved.

Why is there no encryption option? Isn't this a must in case hackers break in and steal data?

WSA is light - I tried lots of AVs yesterday (Trend, Norton, KAV/KIS etc and they are all heavy on my laptop, which is an i7!!!). Also like that the backup is part of the WSA so no separate app needs to run.

2. fax

fax Registered Member

As discussed in another thread, backup data on the cloud is encrypted as well the communication with the cloud servers.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

All of your files are fully encrypted, as fax said. The encryption takes place on the client side as well as the cloud - your username/password are used to encrypt it and we have no access to your information whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.