WSA - Application Error

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by subhrobhandari, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I was just running a standard scan while browsing the web, and just after the scan completed I was going to submit a log regarding some problems, but just after saving the log I got the error (see attached image).

I will be sending the scan log for debugging.

Attached Files:

2. subhrobhandari

This happened again, just after when I tried to save a log after a scan. This time I was in middle of a browsing session, the computer just got hanged up along with firefox. I tried to get Taskman, but it did not work. Sent another log.

However this time, my external HDD was turned on and I got this in eventviewer: An error was detected on device during a paging operation.

I have never seen this exact message, note the empty space after device. All of my other such logs would show: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation.

3. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Could be a conflict with WSA's Identity Shield and Zemana Antilogger and or Sandboxie? Try turning 1 or 2 of them off to see what happens as they all do some sort of the same thing!

TH

4. subhrobhandari

Well, Sandboxie's tray icon is visible but no applications are running under it, so I doubt it is responsible. Could be Zemana, will be testing with it.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you manage to get this to happen again, could you use Process Explorer and right click on the WRSA.exe processes (both of them separately) and click

Create Dump > Create Full Dump...

and then send that file to report@prevxresearch.com?

In the meantime, I'll keep looking here to see if there's anything I can find to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.