WSA and hooks

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by justenough, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I am getting comfortable with WSA as my basic security along with Sandboxie. Before now I was also using installed on-demand scanners just to make sure nothing was getting by WSA and Sandboxie, but they haven't been finding anything, so now I'm moving to less frequent scans using portable scanners.

However MBAM is one security program I've relied on in the past that's not portable, so that has me thinking about the issue of hooks. I am an average computer user so it's unclear to me how serious a problem hook interference is, especially with WSA, which is supposed to work well with other security programs.

So my basic-user question is how does WSA avoid getting in the way of those other hooks? And would whatever hooks MBAM free or paid installs conflict or get in the way of what WSA is doing?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Unfortunately I can't give a precise answer here as it is proprietary. WSA is fully compatible with MBAM free and pro and the hooks don't interfere in either direction.

3. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Great, glad I can use MBAM with no conflict.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.