WSA alerts after updating to Win 8.1

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by robboman, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robboman

robboman Registered Member

Hey guys,

This morning I updated my sister's laptop from Win 8 to Win 8.1 (64bit).
    After installing WSA gave several pop-ups regarding changes being made, and if I'd allow it. They where changes being made by legitimate Windows services and/or processes. I think this minor problem has been reported before right? It's no biggie but might confuse some users though.

Running latest version 4.63. I can submit a log but I'm not sure what to submit and where to find it? :p

thanks!

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

ive seen this a few times now and what weird is webroot normally has no major issues with win 8.1 but in a few cases from a system that was upgraded to 8.1 i saw this happen.

a few questions i can think of is where did you get the update? was it from the ms store as a legit download or did you get the iso or update somewhere online? and try doing the deep scan. then i would recc a simple and quick uninstall, REBOOT, and then a reinstall and again reboot after that and see if that fixes it. this usually does the trick for me in these cases.

4. robboman

robboman Registered Member

Thanks for the responses. I will submit a log to webroot.
    It was a totally legit download from the Windows build-in app store. I've done a scan and it found no U (unknown) items. Restarted the laptop and since then have gotten no alerts anymore so far.

It's not a big problem, but still it might confuse some people and make them block legit services.

5. sturgess

sturgess Registered Member

Had the same problem, the alerts seemed to go on forever. I eventually called it a day and re-installed my previous security.

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Fresh install would be a good idea. Especially since you did a major update to your OS.

7. sturgess

sturgess Registered Member

I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.