Wrong prize won? Giveaway contest

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by prefect, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prefect

prefect Registered Member

Smart security started to say that my expire date is nearing(end of this month). I remembered that I luckily won new subscription for it in the giveaway contest that was held here. So I went to eset.com/activate and got the codes. Noticed that new version is out so I updated to 4.2.64.

After restart I entered the new codes and kaboom.

ESS says: You are using ESET NOD32 licensing credentials with Eset Smart Security etc..

Heres pics:
    http://i36.tinypic.com/w1zdip.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2yy1mw1.jpg

I know it was free win but I like having both firewall and antivir in same aplication.

Has this happened to the other contest winners? And what to do now? :(

2. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Hello,

This means simply that you have won a license for the AV only version NOD32. It cannot be used with the full suite (Smart security).

3. prefect

prefect Registered Member

The contest page says Eset Smart Security. So someone who won just NOD32 Antivir got my ESS code? o_O

4. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

I'm sorry to hear this. You should PM the mods for help as you should be able then to use Smart Security, since you won a license for it. They can check your license and help you getting things right.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I received a PM with your information and am re-sending the license information now. You should receive it shortly.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.