Would you consider this a leaking VPN?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by __Nikopol, Mar 29, 2019.

1. __Nikopol

__Nikopol Registered Member

Hi,

I use Windscribe pretty much everyday. Yesterday I found that if I start a VM, for example with Tails (and it's "unsafe" browser), and then connect via a bridged network adapter to the Internet, that website show my real IP address.
    Windscribe is supposed to have added a filter in or via the WFP that blocks all connection around the VPN network.

Wouldn't, or shouldn't, this also block any connection a VM can establish? (bridged or not, it's inside the system and afaik WFP is very low level)
    Doesn't this pose a huge risk of deanonymisation when a certain malicious party (Microsoft) decides it wants to know more about it's user that run VPNs, by running a small program in a small VM to get around it? (Or any other party)

Is there a way to block every potentially unknown VM from doing this? Like, even deeper stuff than WFP?

Kind regards.
    PS: I know I probably don't understand something critical about bridged adapter. So please tell me. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.