Would highly appriciate feedback

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by cyro44, Feb 4, 2017.

1. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

Ive just started learning about online privacy and hoping for some feedback from the much more experienced people here. So far Ive started using Firefox instead of Chrome. Added ABP, Disconnect me, malware bytes free, and Self destructing cookies. I noticed that SDC doesn't work with Private browsing mode, which is the the better choice for anonymity? Im unsure and I have to pick either or the extension on or private browsing . My goal is to not share my info as best possible.

Is Bit Defender Plus 2017 (paid version) popular on here? I just started using it.

Disconnect me , overkill or good add on?

2. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

If someone could simply explain the difference between Self Destructing Cookies, and Using private browsing mode that would be awesome.

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Private modes does not store anything, it removes cache, cookies, history upon closure.
    Self Destructing Cookies removes all cookies, except whitelisted, but it might fail/crash.

You might want to block WebRTC and CanvasFingerprinting as well, plus a private search engine. Look at my signature for addons.
    ADguard is a good ad-don to replace ABP and Disconnect. It is light, blocks ADs and tracking. My filters (I do not block ADs):

Attached Files:

4. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

Thanks for the response!

So from the sound of it I'm better simply browsing privately all the time and removing self destructing cookies as it then wouldn't be necessary. Correct ? ? ?

Ive DL and now using WebRTC now thanks for the heads up.

I noticed you're not using spybot antibeacon maybe youll find this video interesting, youre probably light years head of the game, just thought id share, since you took the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNnVSUCFN70

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2017
  5. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

Im using duck duck go, is that private enough??

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  6. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

That or startpage is another good option:

https://www.ixquick.com/

7. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

How does disabling webrtc help me if im not using a VPN?

Also should I remove Self Destructing Cookies and just stick with Private browsing?

8. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Use this site to test your browser security, it has a WebRtc check and will tell you why it should be blocked.

https://browserleaks.com/

9. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

Whooooaa that test was spot on with my rtc enabled, and made me glad I Downloaded the blocker. Thanks for the excellant example.

would you suggest to surf in private browsing mode or SDC app?

10. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

Would love a simple answer.

What is more private? using Self Destructing Cookies/ with private browsing off. Or always private browsing, without the sdc extention? I have a feeling its the latter however id like to hear experienced opinions on the matter. If this is a taboo subject let me know too.

11. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Private browsing would give you more privacy related to locally stored identifiers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.