would a cracker use this?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Gav, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav

Gav Guest

hi, :) i just did a scan with rkdetector on my friend's computer and it found crypserv.exe, he says he didn't put it on the computer and i don't see it "All Programs" i'll have another look at the programs on the computer to see if any of them might use it. the only thing it might be is NIS. can you help? thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Gav

Gav Guest

thanks, ronjor. i did see your first link, but i'm still unsure why it might be there. now my friend says that his room-mate might have put it there, so i suppose we'll have to wait and see what he says. thanks for your help ronjor.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let us know what you find.

5. Shrek

Shrek Guest

CrypServ.exe
    (CrypKey (Canada) Inc, formerly Kenonic Controls)

Background server task/service for the CrypKey Software Licensing System. If you have this task running on your PC it is because you are using software which is protected against piracy through CrypKey (Canada)’s CrypKey software protection system.

Recommendation :
    Essential for the proper operation of one of the programs that you use – Leave alone. If you terminate this task/service, one of the programs you are currently using will not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.