Wots Goin' On With SpywareGuard??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by LJM Master, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to Wilders, in fact, I jus' registered 'bout 5 minits ago :)

Erm, I was jus' wonderin', wen will new SpywareGuard definitions be released, the last definitions came out at on the 22nd of January...Iz SpywareGuard really been kept up-to-date, b'coz to me, the focus seems to be more on SpywareBlaster, as updates (definitions) appear more frequentl!?

Thanks In advance for any help...It's Appreciated :D

I Decided To come Here, coz I am a member of the Net-Integration forums, but here, is where i'm most like ly to get help (regardin' to SpywareGuard/SpywareBlaster)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  2. LJM Master

Can anyone help me please!!!!? :(

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey LJM Master,

Below is a post explaining one of the reasons SpywareGuard does not require frequent signature updates.

Found in this thread---> SpywareGuard Updates

4. LJM Master

Hey Bubba, thanks for ya reply, I oz startin' to fear that no1 would post back, an' that woz my 1st post for Wilders, anyway i'm pretty sure i've seen u postin' at Net-Integration as well (apologises if i'm wrong), so it's great to kno that i'm not alone.... :D

Anyway, thanks again, that really clears things up...cheers :)

I jus' have 1 more question, an' this is for any1, since SpywareGuard definitions hant been released since Jan 22nd, does any1 kno wen the the SG definitions will be released?? Thanks in advance, for any reply...

Regards,
    LJM Master (But u guys can jus' call me 'LJM', i'd prefer that, unless callin' me 'LJM Master' iz a must)...thanks

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No problem LJM....and Welcome to Wilders :)

6. LJM Master

Hey!!
    Thanks Bubba, erm....stll waitin' for an answer here people....I asked the followin' question in my previous post: I understand now that that SpywareGuard detections are mostly about heuristics, an' are not based up-on the latest signatures (which I can respect), 'but SpywareGuard definitions hant been released since Jan 22nd, so does any1 kno wen the the next SG definitions will be released??' Thanks in advance, for any reply....It's appreciated....

LJM Master (Known As 'LJM' though)

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi LJM, welcome from me also to forum.... :)

Definitions, that would be for the author Javacool, to determine.
    Maybe never, unless a new version comes out, as it appears once it's done it's main job of blocking Browser Hijacking, and checking against general things he has installed in it, no need to keep updating.

Bit like a doorlock. Once locked, its locked, no need to keep changing the locks each week. Just my opinion as I understand how SG works. ;)

Could be wrong, not the first time, lol.

Cheers, enjoy your stay, TAS

8. LJM Master

Thanks Tassie Devils, it's appreciated, Thanks to u as well Bubba, now I feel that I have a deeper understandin' of Spyware Guard (SG), for example, wot it does, how it works etc...thanks u both for takin' the time, out of I guess, I buzy schedule, to help me out, that's the sort of welcome I would've like, still bein' generally new to the Wilders forum....

Keep up the good work guys!!
    Thanks again' (regards)
    LJM Master (LJM)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.