Worth updating?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tarnak, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

After all the updates that I added added earlier today to my system and upgrade to SP3, I can't believe I have more. See my thread > (MY) XP3 install...saga > https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281408

I just clicked on 'Updates Shield' icon, and noticed this one in particular for KB971737 which apparently required KB968389. This had been installed today. See screenshot attached.

Since I rarely use IE, does it matter if I choose not allow this latest update(KB971737) for "Extended protection for Authentication'?

I don't think it is necessary in my case.

I don't understand the implications, either way. Just my thoughts. :)

If anyone else would like to comment...please do so.

Attached Files:

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

When you update Windows, especially a major update like a SP or .NET Framework, it's not unusual to find you now how have even more updates for the updates you just installed!

I hardly ever use Internet Explorer either so I only install high priority updates for it and just ignore the optional ones. :)

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Thanks for your comment...I didn't realise that I would open the floodgates when I allowed the upgrade to SP3.

I have about 26 updates to wade through and choose to install or not... :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.