Worth updating?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tarnak, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

After all the updates that I added added earlier today to my system and upgrade to SP3, I can't believe I have more. See my thread > (MY) XP3 install...saga > https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281408

I just clicked on 'Updates Shield' icon, and noticed this one in particular for KB971737 which apparently required KB968389. This had been installed today. See screenshot attached.

Since I rarely use IE, does it matter if I choose not allow this latest update(KB971737) for "Extended protection for Authentication'?

I don't think it is necessary in my case.

I don't understand the implications, either way. Just my thoughts. :)

If anyone else would like to comment...please do so.

Attached Files:

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

When you update Windows, especially a major update like a SP or .NET Framework, it's not unusual to find you now how have even more updates for the updates you just installed!

I hardly ever use Internet Explorer either so I only install high priority updates for it and just ignore the optional ones. :)

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Thanks for your comment...I didn't realise that I would open the floodgates when I allowed the upgrade to SP3.

I have about 26 updates to wade through and choose to install or not... :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.