Worth trying it out?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Perman, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I am a d/l junkie for security apps. Can someone give reasons as to whether it is worth a slight effort for trying it out? Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Umm, I suppose one would be to see if it does a better or more reliable job than one you already have.

I find the wiping facility better than that of another software (one that is combined with a explorer alternative), and the cleaning of the system facility is quite rigorous, though maybe the presentation of cookies andffiles to be deleted could be different.

The two biggest problems are it does sometimes find false positives; for me that is often down to one piece of business CAD software where it often thinks the setup program is a nasty, and one peculier one, where at shutdown the privacy expert will sometimes not accept the system issued 'kill process' and XP refuses to close. This results in XP issuing a manual close box request.

The one other is at system start, sometimes PE will stop other (less important) processes from starting whilst it hangs slightly as it itself starts.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.