Worst thing to ever happen right now. I/O Error.

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by ChazZeromus, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChazZeromus

ChazZeromus Registered Member

Okay, I was up last night using your software and I wanted to make my flash drive a logical partition(don't ask why), but I accidentally chose my external hard drive as the target device. I was on the sixth step before I knew I chose the wrong one. So I decided to press cancel. Guess what? Cancel didn't work, it proceeded to the entire operation. So I decided to let the partition be logical, makes sense anyways because I don't plan on installing an operating system, but the whole thing is unnecessary nonetheless. I let the operation complete overnight and now I've waken up only to see this screen (in attachment).

Please, there has to be a way to recover this data. If there is please appoint me directly as to what to do right now (Not messing with anything, but as I click retry or ignore, the error is relentless.). My external isn't making weird noises or anything, so I think it's overall health is more than mediocre. So please if someone can direct to me exactly as to what to do right now and what software to use to recover my data please help. I have 235GB of essential backed up programs on there that I always use whenever I encounter a new OS install.

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you check the drive with special tools as indicated on your screenshot to make sure the drive health is good enough? Otherwise software like Ontrack and many other similar might help

3. ChazZeromus

ChazZeromus Registered Member

Well alright, after pressing ignore error a BAJILLION times it finally starts to work (with the exception of the same intermittent messages afterwards) it finally worked! Even though it said "Process interrupted by user", the least it could have done was put it back to primary. Well I did chkdsk and guess what? No errors, whoopie friggen doo! I'm assuming all my data is okay right now, but is there anything else I need to do? I'll check out onTrack later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.