Wormguard and errors in XP Home

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Noesje1, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noesje1

Noesje1 Registered Member

Hi,
    I know there are some errors in WormGuard installed under XP, see this link:
    http://wormguard.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=xphelp
    see "Usage".

But it's not only the help-function of XP, also mediaplayer, and some more functions.

That's why I don't use WormGuard, and I'm not happy with that, I payed for it, and would like to use it as I did before. Much more, I can't even recommand WG as I have done that many times.
    When will there be fixes for these problems? I think it's a bit easy to say that it will be fixed with the new version. That can last a long time.
    And all that time I can't use WG........

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Noesje1,
    and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to read about your problems.

Had not heard about the WMP problem before, could it be you had it running when installing WormGuard?
    Programs which go so deep into your system should be installed with every other application except for Windows itself closed, especially anti-virus scanners etc. and after install reboot.

Did all this not help?
    Are there more programs involved?

Depending on individual systems, some users need to disable WormGuard temporary during (un)installing other programs, while others don't need to do that at all. It's so different for everybody!

You say you want it fine like before, do you mean things changed in WormGuard's functioning after changes/updates on your system?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Noesje1, These XP issues are well documented within this forum and, if you had the trial before purchase, would have become apparent to you.
    As a WG3 registered user you are entitled to a free upgrade to WG4 when it becomes available.

Pilli

4. Traves

Traves Registered Member

A recommended way to install most anti-virus software on the XP Home platform is to install under a clean boot.

A clean boot is accomplished by going to Start, select Run, and type msconfig. Then select Selective Startup and check only System Services and use Original Boot.ini. Select OK then reboot the computer. When the computer reboots log in and install your chosen anti-virus tool/software.

You may want to check with one of the DiamondCS moderators to be sure this applies to their software as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.