WORM_BAGLE.X

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Marianna, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Virus type: Worm

Destructive: No

Description:

As of April 26, 2004 8:42 AM PST, TrendLabs has received several infection reports of another BAGLE variant spreading Europe and the US. This polymorphic worm is spreading via email with varying subjects, message bodies, and attachment file names. TrendLabs is currently doing an in-depth analysis regarding the spread of this malware and will inform you as soon as possible.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_BAGLE.X

2. Micharus

Micharus Registered Member

Strangely enough, (NOT!) I got an unknown and unexpected e-mail with an attachment today, which turned out to be the new variant of the Bagle Worm.

Luckily, I'm not one of these people who just go opening e-mail attachments without checking them first, so I didn't get caught.

There was a difference in the way this was delivered to the way it is described in on the Trend Micro page, the attachment is zipped and the picture is of a five digit number that is the password to unzip the archive.

Interesting, this is the first time I have actually gotten a virus via the e-mail!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.