Worm on common site

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by xEnvious, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xEnvious

xEnvious Registered Member

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
    1/9/2009 21:12:36 PM IMON file http ://www.basketballreference.com/favicon.ico Win32/Nimda.A worm Connection terminated DAN-9C6E7782E7A\Dan
    1/9/2009 21:12:33 PM IMON file http ://www.basketballreference.com/favicon.ico Win32/Nimda.A worm Connection terminated DAN-9C6E7782E7A\Dan

Is this a FP or something because that site is quite commonly used? It's good to see that NOD32 stopped a worm from coming through but NOD32 didn't notify me of anything when this occurred until I checked my threat log.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is this still being reported? If so, what version of the virus signature database is installed in your copy of NOD32?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. xEnvious

xEnvious Registered Member

I haven't been to the site since. I believe my NOD32 was up to date when this occurred. At the moment the signature databse is 3763.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The favicon.ico file no longer seems to be present on the web site. I tried visiting it using a computer with the 3767 virus signature database installed and did not receive any threat detection warnings.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.