Worm Guard question with Firefox

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Rilla927, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I installed WG on my J drive and copied the WG Key to the folder. When I open WG on my desktop it says it's licensed to me and it's WG 4.0.

I used Firefox browser as my default. I went to click on a file and WG come up saying it was a suspicious file asking me what to do. I noticed it said 30 day Trial Version.

Can anyone explain this?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

It's a long time error - your version is V3 :)

This is because the installer uses multiple extensions such as ff\.123.exe These could be suspicious as some older viruses used double extentions to fool ppl.
    virus.doc______________.exe as an example though the line would be spaces so you could miss seeing the .exe at the end. and think it was just a plain .doc

HTH Pilli

3. Rilla927

Pilli,

I didn't quite understand what you mean't. If I click on the WG icon on my desktop, it say's "Licensed to me (my name). If WG questions a file, when it come's up, it say's "Evaluation Version 30 Days", in IE and Firefox. That's what is puzzling me.

Are you saying I need to put it on C drive? Is there a work around, so I can keep on other drive?

Thanks
    Rilla927

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sorry I misunderstood your question, in fact that is another nit - Your licence is valid. :)

5. Rilla927

It won't all of a sudden quit working on me, will it? I was just concerned about it saying 30 day evaluation when I have a Full Licensed version, that's all.

thanks Pilli

Rilla927

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Rilla.....

Nope, absolutely not mate, it keeps on working. Everyone's nearly has the same problem including me. Registered on main interface, but when I test it, up it pops with 30 eval... :D :D

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

7. Rilla927

Thanks Tassie,

so I'm not the only one

Rilla927

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.