Worm Guard question with Firefox

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Rilla927, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I installed WG on my J drive and copied the WG Key to the folder. When I open WG on my desktop it says it's licensed to me and it's WG 4.0.

I used Firefox browser as my default. I went to click on a file and WG come up saying it was a suspicious file asking me what to do. I noticed it said 30 day Trial Version.

Can anyone explain this?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

It's a long time error - your version is V3 :)

This is because the installer uses multiple extensions such as ff\.123.exe These could be suspicious as some older viruses used double extentions to fool ppl.
    virus.doc______________.exe as an example though the line would be spaces so you could miss seeing the .exe at the end. and think it was just a plain .doc

HTH Pilli

3. Rilla927

Pilli,

I didn't quite understand what you mean't. If I click on the WG icon on my desktop, it say's "Licensed to me (my name). If WG questions a file, when it come's up, it say's "Evaluation Version 30 Days", in IE and Firefox. That's what is puzzling me.

Are you saying I need to put it on C drive? Is there a work around, so I can keep on other drive?

Thanks
    Rilla927

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sorry I misunderstood your question, in fact that is another nit - Your licence is valid. :)

5. Rilla927

It won't all of a sudden quit working on me, will it? I was just concerned about it saying 30 day evaluation when I have a Full Licensed version, that's all.

thanks Pilli

Rilla927

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Rilla.....

Nope, absolutely not mate, it keeps on working. Everyone's nearly has the same problem including me. Registered on main interface, but when I test it, up it pops with 30 eval... :D :D

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

7. Rilla927

Thanks Tassie,

so I'm not the only one

Rilla927

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.