Workstation Universal Restore w/ Windows 7

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BobTheBuilder, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobTheBuilder

BobTheBuilder Registered Member

Before I start, I want to state that I know that Windows 7 is beta and that we need to thankful for every bit of support we get when using software like this.

I am taking an image of a Windows 7 machine and trying to restore that image to different hardware. I have done this with the same hardware and version of Acronis and Vista SP1. When I am restoring (w/ Universal Restore) it will prompt me saying that it cannot find halmacpi.dll and halacpi.dll. The drivers are present on the OS and on the USB drive w/ the image. I point it to the driver and it continue for a few seconds and then says the restore is complete with errors. The image on the system does not work.

If I restore without Universal Restore, it works fine. Now, I cannot put it on some of my different hardware though because it will Blue Screen (because of driver issues).

Has anybody else seen this or have any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BobTheBuilder,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Officially none of the Acronis software don’t support Windows 7, so we can’t analyze or perform any diagnostic regarding this question/issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.