Work with other anti virus?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by tomdy2k, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

I never can get an ok from anti virus makers if it's ok to use Secure anywhere with their anti virus..Is it really ok to run it alongside other anti viruses?...

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

You will never get an OK from them.

- If another AV catches something they missed, it makes them look bad and people might stop using them.
    - If there IS a problem, they don't want to work on their code to fix it. This is a very costly endeavor so is logical for them.
    - Troubleshooting in more complex environments is more complex.

So you have three choices:
    1: You can believe the people who say "ONLY US OR NOTHING!!! If you have something else also, we won't help you!" (Other AVs) and not use Webroot.
    2: You can believe the people who say "Yes, we work very hard to give you choice and allow you control. We make a great effort to be compatible and play nicely with others. No matter what else you use with us, we will help you." (Webroot) and use Webroot with something else.
    3: You can do like a lot of us in this forum do and use Webroot all by itself because they play nice and have good ethics and efficacy and we trust them more than the other stuff.

There are no other choices.

3. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

Excellent Post :thumb:

4. tomdy2k

Very Helpful..thank you.:)

5. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

No problem.

One thing I find amusing is that the only times things break between other AVs and SecureAnywhere is when the other AVs have an update. Never when Webroot has an update. Then if they get broken by the other AV programs' updates, Webroot usually has the problem fixed within a few weeks at most. It makes me think that the other guys try to intentionally break it (Mean) or just don't care (Apathetic), despite Webroot always working to keep things working.

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

I have only run across one AV company that has pretty much always had issues with WRSA and that is Bitdefender. There is some incompatibility with these two and IE (I use IE10). Getting Bitdefender to help in resolving this issue is virtually impossible as their policy seems to be running any other security app with BD will probably cause issues. Even though this issue has been ongoing, at least Webroot is aware and puts forth effort in trying to resolve it. Almost all other AV vendors put forth no effort into resolving such issues. Needless to say, lots of times to resolve such things, it takes efforts from all vendors involved, and since BD does not really consider such things a problem, it may never get fully resolved. I do give a lot of credit to vendors that at least attempt in helping their customers to resolve compatibility issues with other security products. Kudos to Webroot for being one of the few (if not the only one) to do this...

The latest info I posted on my issues concerning this is in this thread, starting in post # 9.

7. tomdy2k

Thank you.so far webroot is so much lighter than the half dozen others i own..

8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

The only security application I know of that does not work well with WSA is Bitdefender. This can be solved by turning off the protection of browser in Identity Shield in WSA and set it to 'Allow' instead of 'Protected'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.