Wooden artistry adds warmth to Apple's 'cool' keyboard design

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/5/4494966/oree-wooden-keyboard-gets-pop-up-tokyo-workshop

2. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

That's cool from a novelty standpoint, but the actual design embodies traits I dislike in keyboards, like flat keys with little travel and (probably) scissor or rubber dome switches. I could do without a number pad, but I still want that section on the right with full-sized arrow keys, delete, insert, pg up/pg dn, etc. It relies too much on the Fn key for functions that should have their own keys.

Sure, it's a different story on a laptop, where you make sacrifices for portability. But, if I had a $200 wooden keyboard I'd want to keep it at home. Although, I guess a wooden full-sized (or tenkeyless) mechanical model would end up costing $300-400.

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Not a new concept. I've been similar keyboards on Chinese website Aliexpress for some time now, prices start at around $30, and you can even get a bamboo mouse as well, such as here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.