Won't Work, ERROR MESSAGE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kberling, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kberling

kberling Registered Member

Can someone please help me? I've emailed support but it takes 48 hours everytime to send an email back and forth so my issue could take weeks to resolve.

I'm running Server 9.1 with UR. Before buying this I installed a trial version of Workstation. I'm uninstalled every part of Workstation I can find.

When starting a backup using Server 9.1 it never starts the backup. I have to cancel and when I look at the log file it says the my Trial Version of Acronis True Image Workstation has expired.

I'm not running Workstation. I'm attaching my log file.

Any help?? Please

Attached Files:

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try cleaning out your Temp, Cookies, and Temporary Internet Files folders.

3. kberling

thank you for responding but this didn't fix my problem. I deleted all cookies, temp and temp internet files. Some part of the program still thinks it's using workstation but I'm running Server 9.1

4. DwnNdrty

If your OS is XP can you restore to a date before you installed the trial version of Workstation, then reinstall Server?

5. kberling

My OS is Windows Server 2003, that's why I'm using Acronis TI SERVER 9.1.

I installed a workstation trial version by mistake when evaluating Acronis software then I purchased Server 9.1 directly from Acronis.com but I can't get a response from them.

I can't restore as this is a live server in a production environment.

There must be another solution to fix this software.

6. DwnNdrty

I'm not familiar with WinServer, but if it has a Registry like XP, the next thing I would try is uninstall the True Image Server then manually search the Registry and delete all references to both Acronis and Workstation. You'll have to do one at a time. Then reinstall True Image Server.

7. kberling

Ok, that's a good idea. Thank you. Unfortunately I can't take the server offline until tomorrow night but I'll give that a try and reply with results.

Thanks DwnNdrty!

8. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi kberling,

You might try CCleaner, it's free to download from here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Make sure you run Cleaner & Issues both, you can safely remove everything that it finds.

Sometimes pieces of software don't go AWAY CCleaner (CRAP Cleaner) does a very nice job!

Hope that helps,
    Steve

9. kberling

Steve, thanks for the tip on CCleaner. I tried this program out on my own computer and it works great. I'm hesitant to run on my server but I think I have detailed instructions from tech support finally to delete all the registry stuff manually.

Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.