wont let me use latest firefox

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by rollers, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I have tried several times to upgrade to the latest firefox, 3.55 and prevx prevents this. I have set all settings to their lowest, turned off protection onto install mode....................and it still prevents it. Thankfully I can still get on here with the flakey IE8.
    Can you sort this FP out please so that I can use firefox once again ?

Rollers

Win 7 64 bit

2. Phantasm

Phantasm Registered Member

Download from hear, i had the same problem not sure if it was Prevx or not but just download and install; worked for me the only thing is, is that Prevx will re-authenticate Firefox.

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

3. rollers

HI thanks for your reply. I got it to work in the end, and had to undo the detection that prevx found for it. It would not let me intstall any further version of it until I had done that. Prevx was finding it as a detection, I tried over riding it but it still jumped on it. I even put prevx into install mode so that detection was suspended, but it still found it as malware.
    Perhaps support can shed some light on this?

Thanks Rollers

4. Phantasm

Phantasm Registered Member

Hmm it didn't give me any notification for me it just failed on me, Try This: Right Click Prevx , Stop Protection, Click the arrow, Scroll down, click remove protection, click Stop Protection, click yes, restart PC , try again.

5. rollers

It just detected it again on me. This time a box came up to exclude ( this didn't come up the same before) and I have excluded.............and so far..........fingers crossed it is working.
    I did disable everything before and re boot but it still detected it.

At least it is working now. If it plays up again I will post up.

Perhaps support can help?

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you could please send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results, we should be able to correct the behavior :)

7. rollers

emailed as requested though I have had to send a copy of the cleanup log as I have done other scans since the detection.

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Thank you for the logs - these detections were caused because of your Maximum Age+Popularity+Heuristic settings (which will logically trigger on a new version like an update to Firefox).

The detections have since been automatically turned back as more users used it and more time went by.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

9. rollers

Thanks for the response. I can live with that, its doing what I want it to do I guess and keeping me clean from new and untested software. Had it have been a zero day virus or trojan it would have been stopped in its tracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.