wont boot after true image 9 trial

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by crit1cal, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crit1cal

crit1cal Registered Member

hiya i just installed acronis true image v9 on my other pc i selected to make the "secure zone" it rebooted and madee the secure as it were... then after that finnished and it rebooted to start as "normal" it didnt reboot it just hangs.... any advice pleeaaasssseeeee :eek:

2. crit1cal

ok so maybe that didnt make sense LOL sorry just re read it!! hahaha :rolleyes: ok ill repharse it. i downloaded the trial of acronis true image home as a few friends of mine recommended it. so i installed it this morning and selected to make the secure zone and it said it needed to reboot my pc. i pressed reboot now and it proceeded to make the secure zone then when it got to 100% rebooted and then my whole pc wouldnt restart!! ahhhh i though it was for back up not mess up.... two years work down the drain think ill go back to norton! so if any of u lovely acronis people know how i can get back into my pc please let me know! or else uve lost a would be valueable customer!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello crit1cal,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. crit1cal

hello acronis person, thanks for the reply but one problem i only have a cd and dvd drive no floppy :eek:s any way i can make a bootable cd? :doubt:

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Yeah, but you have to be able to boot your system to be able to run the Acronis software to create the bootable floppies OR the bootable CD. And in your original post, you said your system would not boot.

Some of the things that Acronis TI has trouble with are wireless keyboard/mouse, usb hubs. So if you have any of those try using standard items and/or removing the hubs.

If that doesn't work, all is not lost, you may be able to go through a Repair reinstall of XP - is it WinXP you use? - to get your system back to normal.

6. crit1cal

:D yeah windows xp pro sp2 no wireless anything its just ya average pc mate i was thinking the repair option too as that sounds best... thanks for your time! nice to see some people reply :D

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello crit1cal,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please boot the computer from Windows XP Installation CD and run "fixmbr" command in Recovery Console?

If you do not have Windows Installation CD for some reason then please fix your hard drive's MBR in the way described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then I'm afraid we need the report.txt file requested above in order to proceed with the investigation of this issue. Note that there is no other way to create Acronis Report on non-bootable computer except of using floppy disk (see above). Please also describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step. Which partition did you take place from in order to create Acronis Secure Zone?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.