Won't Backup Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by steveski, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveski

steveski Registered Member

I recently purchased TI8, latest build, and installed on XP SP2 Home, NTFS. I have two partitions, C and D, along with an external Maxtor II Onetouch USB drive. I have attempted to backup my entire disk, and each disk partition separately, but have been unable to successfully image Drive D.

The system completely reboots after about 95% complete, no blue screen, no error, just a complete reboot.

I have turned off every possible running program, including anti-virus, firewall, adaware, etc.

In addition, when I boot from the bootable CD - my local drives are not shown at all, just the external USB drive.

HELP!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello steveski,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com. Also please send the description of both your problems and the model of your HDD Controller. This will help us to solve your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.