Wondershare Time Freeze - Giveaway

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by smith2006, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I'm quite surprised this app isn't getting more attention :doubt:

It works great and i love not having to reboot and re-install software i decide to keep after testing it with Time Freeze :thumb:

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Thanks. Downloaded, will test when I have time ;)

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have been viewing the various posts regarding the Wondershare Time Freeze software. Most if not all of the posts are favorable. I have a few questions that I would like to ask:

1) Doesn't Returnil allow a user to do basically the same thing that this software will do?

2) Is Returnil and Wondershare Time Freeze compatible?

3) Would there be a problem with the Wondershare Time Freeze program during a defrag?

4) It appears that you do not have to install and activate the program within a particular time frame. Is this correct?

As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Hey JP

I don't know how long this offer will last and since support and upgrades are "Free", i wasn't gonna take a chance on missing out :)

My defrag software runs automatically every day and haven't seen any issues yet.

Don't know about compatibility issues with Returnil. Would load them up in a VM and see for yourself.

Yes, i guess you could say they are similar. I haven't used Returnil enough to comment further except to say that with Time Freeze, you can exit the virtual state after installing say - a new program without rebooting. I know you can commit things in Returnil but not sure if that covers all the registry entries made during an install. And you still need to reboot to exit the virtual state with Returnil.

6. Adric

Adric Registered Member

What about installed SW that needs a reboot?. I'm looking for a feature where you could save a session, reboot, test the SW and still be able to trash the saved session on the next reboot as if the SW had never been installed..

Al

7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Time Freeze can't help you there. I would look at possibly Bufferzone or using VM software like Virtualbox.

Time Freeze works like this:
    - exit virtual state with no reboot (everything saved to disk)
    - exit virtual state with reboot (all changes dropped)

8. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi John,
    1. Yes
    2. Maybe, but test in a VM before you try it on a production or primary system. My thought is that the idea is basically redundant and not very useful as both are working to virtualize the system, but in different ways and this is why I say maybe.

TF is working at the application/file level with RVS working at the disk level (much lower) so in theory they should not conflict at a low level, but this is still uncertain. My advice would be to try both (one at a time ;) ) and see which works best for you and then go with that decision rather than trying to force what could be an "unnatural" combination...

Mike

9. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I would appreciate an insight about - application/file level and disk level: what is the differences exactly?

An illustration is welcomed from someone. Thanks in advance.

10. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

FYI - I went ahead and tested these two together in a VM and didn't see any issues except for some lag. However, this was in a VM so the lag might not be noticable in your real setup which has more ram dedicated. They seemed to play fine together.

11. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

Hi
    Thank you,
    I'm really curious about this software.... but no Windows Vista/Seven x64 support, what a pity

12. happybanban

happybanban Registered Member

No!No!No! Time Freeze is also working at disk level.After install Time Freeze,It
    will setup MirDisk Windows Drivers program, MirDisk.sys is their driver program.So Time Freeze is also working at disk level.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  13. happybanban

happybanban Registered Member

Wondershare seems to developing new version for x64.Let us wait wait.

14. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification. :shifty: BTW, GiveAway is finishing - today is left over 18 days...

15. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

Be really interested to know how you guys are getting along with Time Freeze.

I have got it and tried it in a VM, but am reluctant to disturb my real setup which has the trusted SD on it, unless there is something good that I am missing.
    The only advantage I could see with TF was that you can commit newly installed software as opposed to SD only committing files and folders. Is that the only advantage?
    Also, how reliable have you found it? SD has proved pretty bullet proof for me, but I just can't resist looking at the new stuff.

Any update appreciated.

Ken

16. hsj

hsj Registered Member

I've been using Time Freeze on my real Win 7 install for about a week now and have used it at least a dozen times testing new softwares. It's been running really good and I have zero problem so far.

17. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Been using it now for a month with no issues :thumb:

18. timestand

timestand Former Poster

No issue because you no know how to test it. I have 6 POC that can bypass time freeze. Shadow Defender block all this by way. Ok? Can PM me if want bypass but it in chinese. Also I dont want be ban by post it public here or even PM may be. I been banned many time and no know why. You can find bypass on many other forum.

sorry it not POC but most are real malware. thanks.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  19. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I've got better things to do with my time then to throw every type of known malware against a otherwise stable program that most users will not be using to test malware with on their daily used computers.

20. timestand

timestand Former Poster

Ok sorry. Just let other know it bypass long ago. Seem you have plenty time to test many program. You are one who change set up many time. I thought may be you change because you want test set up. Sorry.

21. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

smith2006;
    Thanks for the heads-up on this offer.

I've installed and registered the application.
    Now, can anyone tell me why the tray icon flashes continuously ?
    Is there any way to disable it without simply choosing to hide the icon ?
    I don't mind the icon, but the continuous flashing is really annoying.

22. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I agree it is distracting,but then again,I dont spend much time at the computer to really notice it :doubt:

23. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

My problem with it is I can't even turn it on. On a 1600x900 resolution monitor the GUI is cut of on the right side (right side of the GUI in the center of the monitor, not the monitor cutting it off) so there is no On/Off button visible. I've changed the resolution with the same results. This is on XP. I've installed it three times. Their support is aware of my problem.

24. hsj

hsj Registered Member

I think you can just click somewhere on the interface and not necessarily on the "switch" in order to enable protection. Give it a try.

25. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

This looks to me like an application that has promise but needs work regarding the GUI (and PLEASE get rid of the annoying blinking tray icon or at least, provide a way to disable it), adding more user options, and providing a more in-depth help file.

Interesting but not for me until the above has been addressed. I'll keep the .exe and revisit this at a later time.
    As for now it's been uninstalled and back to CTM for my basic virtualization needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.