WLO

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by IBK, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

change 'should' with 'can', and the answer is 'no', due the reasons told in the thread (and confirmed by 'new', e.g. when we were talking about the topic - who can get the wildcore and who not). as said, they already have the samples we use, so the question is not necessary. if it would be necessary, the company would tell it to me directly.

2. new

new Guest

Yes - exactly what I am trying to tell all the time.

Which is absolutely wrong and a lie after all! Please sroll up and you will see that you confirmd yourself that this is not true. Maybe you forgot?

Which is again not true as you previously confirmed already. You just assume they have but you do not actually provide the samples. So what I am going to do is the following: I will send an email to all vendors include in your tests and give them this link to this forum and topic. They can simply contact you and you will provide all the missed samples to all the tested products from now on right? (This will include all vendors regardless of their sharing policies)

I totally agree with this. What I am concerned about is that you send samples to some companies but not all of them. All I want is equal chances for all of them - in which way whatever - just equal.

3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Tell me what you miss. If someone lies, than I think it is you, not me.

You assume and I know. You can send emails, but you will not be able to break rules or to force us to break rules/contracts. I will for sure not start to provide samples to everyone who wants them, but I will exclude the remaining companies from future tests, so you have no longer anything to complain.

If you think you do not have the equal chances, why you waited so long to tell your concerns? I ask every time if someone has any problem. If you want to get all samples like the others, you have to submit your samples too, according to the conditions. Period. If you do not longer accept the conditions and do not want to get tested, mail me.

BTW: don't you think it looks quite strange that you still continue to write but you do not have the courage to tell to the public your name/company and to stand behind to what you say here?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  4. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

That makes no sense to me.

IBK's On-demand tests are only done every 6 months.
    To obtain the samples missed after the test will not help with posted
    results for that period. Also, if you have to wait that long for the samples you are continually way behind the curve every 6 months. I personally wouldn't want to use an AV that found it necessary to do that.

If you are just too lazy or don't want to put the effort and expense
    to get your own samples and have to rely upon an independent tester for your samples once every 6 months you are doing your customers a great disservice.

As oppose to continually whining, in this thread, that you are not getting
    samples from a tester perhaps that same amount of time would be better spent in expending the effort to obtaining your own.

It would seem you have nothing to share but want others to put forth
    their effort and expense on your behalf.

5. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:mad: Once again I am starting to think that this is "much ado about nothing". I have asked a few times now for an explanation of what these test are trying to accomplish, but none of you will reply. Why? I have also asked for an explanation of the standards used to conduct these test. Again no reply. The lack of response does not lend to any credence in what you post on these threads. Do not assume that all of us are knowledgeable in this area, but please respond to legitimate questions or move on.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :mad:

6. Anon321

Anon321 Guest

Hi there,

ICSA Antivirus Certs are starting at abour 10,000 to 12,000 US-$ per year, depending on the number or requested certs and the size of the av company.

Now, look at their webpage www.icsalabs.com and click on Antivirus, then on "Complete List of ICSA Certified Anti-Virus Products" and then on "Click here to view currently certified ICSA Labs Certified Anti-Virus products"

You see a list of more than 100 AV products tested against the Wildlist -- and well, just imagine how much money they are getting for these kind of tests. (Note: ICSA is also maintaining the WildList.)

Some Anon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.