WizTree - Finds the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Aug 31, 2017.

1. guest

guest Guest

2. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.26 Re-Released (September 17, 2018)
    Website & Download

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Way to stay on top of this. Most of us will pass on this side of the pond but generosity abounds to better accommodate other people's language. Cool :cool:

4. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.28 Released (February 4, 2019)
    Website & Download

5. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.29 Released (May 15, 2019)
    Website & Download

6. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.30 Released (October 31, 2019)
    Website & Download

7. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.31 Released (January 22, 2020)
    Website & Download

8. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.32 Released (January 27, 2020)
    Website & Download

9. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.33 Released (May 14, 2020)
    Website & Download
    WizTree 3.33 (14 May 2020)
    • Network and substituted drives that may not have been visible to WizTree when running as administrator will now be selectable. This is a work around for a Windows bug/feature that does not allow elevated applications to access network and substituted drives that were created by a non elevated process. See: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee844140(v=ws.10).aspx
      In such a case WizTree will display the contents of the network drive using the UNC name (e.g. \\servername\sharename) instead of the mapped drive letter. Similarly substituted drives will display the contents of the local folder the drive is mapped to instead of the mapped drive letter.
    • Added option to display values in TB. Values larger than 1024GB will be displayed in TB in dynamic value display mode.
    • /filterexclude would not work unless a /filter was specified (fixed)
    • Folder names will now be matched against the filter specification using a trailing backslash
      (setting a /filterexclude to "C:\windows\" would export the "C:\windows\" folder record incorrectly as it would filter using "C:\windows" instead of "c:\windows\")
    • Files without an extension can now be filtered for by using "*." filter. This did not work previously as the period was not included in the filename used to match against the filter.
    • Importing a CSV file that was exported with folders only ( "/exportfiles=0") will now display total file and folder info correctly
    • Importing a CSV file that did not contain complete folder information could cause file names to become corrupted. This would prevent context menu from working correctly.
    • Importing a CSV file from a network share (e.g. \\servername\sharename) would drop the leading "\\" when importing (fixed)
    • row height can be set in the WizTree3.ini file ("rowheight=xx"). Default is 19. Useful if you've increased the fontheight setting in this file.
    • when sorting by allocated size, the percentage of parent calculation will now use allocated size values

10. Willy2

Willy2 Registered Member

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That's pretty darn quick. How'd you do it?

Nice and Thanks for this newest release with quicker response! :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  12. guest

guest Guest

WizTree v3.35 Released (August 31, 2020)
    Website
    Download
    What's New

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Got it. Thanks @mood

14. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

I wish they would update WizFile which hasn't been updated since 2018

15. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It looked like something that had potential but I'll just stick with Everything.

16. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

me too. I just don't feel comfortable using it with all the major changes in the recent Windows update and it hasn't been updated in 2 years.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I do too. But also in addition to WizTree.

Just like my backup programs (DS & Macrium) its always of benefit to some to have on hand a pair of continuously developing software programs. Everything is still a whopper of an instant Presto! here's our findings search app. Amazing! But I also like the tree layout of WizTree!

18. Special

Special Registered Member

Anyways I need help, well not really help but more of a request.

Version 3.36 of WizTree was released (What a slacker mood.), and for me this version "phones home" (firewall will ask you if you want to allow "some" connection) despite having all kind of options in WizTree like "check for updates" turned off.

I can reproduce this but the developer cannot, can others chime in here and tell me if their firewall does the same? This is obviously a question for those who have a super tight firewall already and don't just allow random outbound connections without a rule.

For what it's worth I use the portable x64 version.

https://wiztreefree.com/download

EDIT: Oh and a screenshot of the connection/pop-up you get (if you get) would be most helpful!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Until they stop that. Almost all softs/tools keep programming that into it.

You can use WFC and never be concerned again with that unwelcome issue again

20. Special

Can you confirm or not? I'm not asking for a firewall to block things, I know and do block these.

21. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I don't see it phoning home. I monitored it with LiveTcpUdpWatch and TcpLogView Nirsofer utilities.

c35ef77863e9f3e05d5dcc3f6bb340ce2db74b27 ?SHA1*WizTree64.exe

--a-- W32 APP ENU 3.36.0.0 shp 9,826,448 02-15-2021 wiztree64.exe

22. Special

Thanks for checking, I was already in contact with the dev and we worked it out and it's fixed in 3.37 now. It was an Windows API thing.

23. Adric

Adric Registered Member

There's a new version out now

WizTree 3.37 (23 February 2021)
    • Tweaked tree map display drawing. Will now only display drawing progress when dealing with more than 1,000,000 files as it's quicker to not display anything.
    • Drive selection box would not work correctly if "display drive letters" option in Windows File Explorer was turned off (fixed)
    • Digital signature verification method changed as previous Windows API method (WinVerifyTrust) would trigger unwanted Internet access if required digital certificates were not already installed on the PC

24. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I see the last couple of builds have dark mode. It looks good.

25. Special

Personally I hate Dark mode, in everything, people just cannot do a dark mode theme correctly, and they way Windows does it is laughable, but hey, options are always good, just don't take them away!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.