Without mouse... PG takes over PC

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by rodsoto, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodsoto

rodsoto Registered Member

Hi all,

Just installed PG on another system, but the mouse I had was broken...to my dismay I couldn't select by pressing TAB or spacebar in PG which usually highlights different buttons in programs..... anyone know what i mean?

For example... Pressing ALT+N usually hits the 'next' button....spacebar presses the button you're on, and tab flicks between the buttons on the current window...

Was wondering if others have this problem?

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes this is by design at the moment, it is easier for trojans and malware in general to send key presses than it is to move the mouse to the required locations. We are thinking about adding it for the final version, but there is no guarantee.

3. rodsoto

Of course, never thought about it from that point of view, hehe thats ok then, will just need to get a mouse :)

Kind Regards

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I'd hope for some method of keyboard control too - blocking the mouse driver global hooks with PG can result in the mouse cursor disappearing leaving the keyboard as the only means of control. Perhaps requiring Human ID for confirmation of any keyboard-based changes would be a safe option?

5. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

there is something in the works that might cover HID prompts for "internal" functions. Let's wait and see how it works out and if it might make keyboard shortcuts more attractive/secure an option. (I'm also a big fan of keyboard control - for ergonomic reasons this time.)

Andreas

6. rodsoto

I'm also a fan of keyboard shortcuts...little quicker that way, if the DCS team can find a way to use keyboard shortcuts, that'd be great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.