Witch Web browser is safest?

Discussion in 'polls' started by jg88swe, Aug 9, 2004.

?

Witch Web Browser is safest!?

1. Opera

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Mozilla FireFox

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

Hey i wonder witch Web Browser is safest?

I've heard(and notice) that IE sucks ... really unsafe...

So.. Firefox or Opera?

Witch is the safest... i like Opera more with the mouse movment action..

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Both are equally safe/unsafe. The big advantage over IE is that these are applications, running on top of Windows. IE is Windows. Any leak in IE is a leak in Windows.
    Check the vulnerabilities of both browsers at Secunia.com.
    Another plus for both is the quick reaction time to fix vulnerabilities.

In my opinion there's not much between them. It's up to you. Which interface do you prefere, that the big question. I prefer the fox, but it's all personal.

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Without any doubt FireFox, but even FF have some nasty bugs and is not 100% secure.

One big advantage from FF is, that they release security-patches much faster then MS.

It seems that with SP2 Windows is secure (till yet anymore...), with SP2 it's even more secure then FireFox (and Opera).

I've read several reports about Windows with SP2, and those reports are very positive.

But one thing stays always: even the most secure system can be demolated by the user itself.

Ciao,

Smokey

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Mozilla firefox is the safest, with its extremely high security and flexibilty. What's good about firefox is the many extensions available for it. What's better is that firefox's developers take security of their software as a top priority.

5. OutThere

OutThere Guest

Personally,I find meneers response the most authentic. Beyond that,the one you dont get hit with.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I will go with opera for my secure browser, but firefox would be my next pick.

7. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

That is also my answer to this poll. ;)

8. chew

chew Registered Member

I have chosen a browser that would give me some sort of damage limitation by comparison to my ex-browser IE 6.0 (never tried any other browser apart from IE until ... )

That browser is Mozilla Firefox.

Apart from Security features I really like that Tab browsing feature it gives plus Mozilla team ability to come up with security patches very quickly.

Other than that ... I don't know because I only use it in SafeMode only and keep it sweet and simple.

:D

P/s: I tried to use the Prebutton Extension or something like that ... it just killed my Tab Browsing ... D'oh! But I value Tab and any other extensions ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.