Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clint501, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint501

clint501 Registered Member

Tried testing the Rescue Recovery CD and I can get to the Acronis screen but my Microsoft Wireless mouse pointer will not move. Is this another problem with TI9?? o_O

2. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

If you do not hear sooner, I will test this after work. I have the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.

EDIT...I did test this by booting from the 2277 Recovery CD and it is OK here. My mouse is connected to a USB2 port.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

My mouse worked fine...see above edited post.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello clint501,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please download the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then create a new bootable CD.

If new Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build still doesn't let you to use your mouse please create sysinfo.txt as described at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and the full model name of your mouse.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. David Smith

David Smith Registered Member

I had this problem when backing up my c drive, halfway through say 60% my mouse stopped working and basically my system had crashed. Did the icon in the task bar stop moving as well? if so your system has crashed. I had close my computer by using the reset button. Re-boot, then go to drive D where I keep my back up file where you will see that there is a back up file. Click on this and remove it, then start all over again. I had to do this three times before I obtained a complete back up. After that it appears that the programme has sorted itself out and works OK.

I should add that if the icon in the task bar is still rotating then your problem is not the same as mine.

7. clint501

clint501 Registered Member

Booting up from the Rescue CD the first window is the Acronis "splash" screen.
    There is a pointer in the middle of the screen. Is this point a drawing or a "functional" pointer. By using my arrow keys I select the top entry on the right. Once inside the main body of program the wireless mouse pointer works fine.

My question for Acronis...........is that pointer in the middle of the screen supposed to work? If not, you might want to change the screen to say "use your keyboard to select a menu item."

8. prandy

prandy Registered Member

Same for me. Must use arrow keys and it took some time to figure this out. Put the message on the splash screen if pointer is not susposed to work.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello clint501 and prandy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually the mouse should work when Acronis True Image 9.0 splash screen appears.

First of all, please make sure that USB legacy support is disabled in BIOS settings.

If that does not help then I would also recommend you to try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the problem still persists then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the exact vendor and model of your wireless mouse and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.