Wireless mouse- my first experience

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I just bought a USB wireless mouse today for my notebook. I see that sometimes while mouse is idle, my cursor automatically shakes and moves a little( just like trembling and moving a bit from its original place and going away gradually). It,s a bit annoying for me. Is it usual with wireless mouse or my mouse is not good one, or may be something in settings etc?

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Aigle, I have been using different Logitech wireless mouse for over two years now and I never had any problem like that.

Try it on another PC if possible, if you can reproduce the same thing, your mouse is probably defective then.;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

All I can tell you is that mine doesn't do it, you should check if your mouse has any options in its configuration: Start - Control Panel - Mouse - Mouse properties. I would also check the position of the USB wireless module, how far it is from the mouse (it should be as close as possible to the mouse) and last but not least the battery should be in good condition.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I bought it just today that means battery is supposed to be ok. It,s of course not so far. It is PLOOJK mouse but I am not sure it is real PLOOJK or fake( more possibly---- ya, not to surprise, it,s common here sory to say). After few hours of use now it is not doing that phenomenon again, so I will check it for some time just to see it repeats it again or not?

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Never heard that name.:doubt: Where is it manufactured?

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Made in China( I suspect not a big company, may be some small setup in China). I have seen some mouse from this company here. There is a website but it is down I think but mouse looks nice. I have a wired USB mouse from this company that is working ok and is really nice.

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I get that when a cat hair gets stuck in the "well" (or whatever it's called) for the light.. it could also potentially be intereference in the wireless signal.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think there might be some problem with its oiptics. Just wonder, it is ok at the time being but should I get it replaced?

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So next time I will buy a Microsoft or Logittech one as they have good repute personally I like Logitech,s shape and want to but its cordless key board and mouse but I think in this matter one very important thing is Battery life/ chargable or rechargable batery etc. Can anybody guide about that. Also anybody tried Labtec, as they are relatively cheeper here.

10. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

One other possible point to consider is in the control panel mouse settings you have settings for accelleration (so pointer starts out slow, but accerates) that make it easier to control the mouse. I think sometimes when its set too high, any mouse will creep. if that is the problem then if you pull the mouse back sharply the cursor will start moving down.

I suppose it could be possible it the surface the mouse was on had irregular reflections. I use mine on a would grain desk, and no problems, until I hit a cookie crumb or something...remember, back in the dawn of optical mouses, the mice would have a hard mousepad with a regular cross grid lattice?

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.