wireless laptop connection(network)

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by fred22, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

i have a wired standalone homepc running look'n'stop and like to connect a wireless laptop to share the internet connection

i installed on the PC:
    1 Sweex wireless PCMCIA adapter
    1 Wireless LAN PC Card ( IEEE 802.11b)

LAPTOP:
    ASUS Wireless LAN Card Bus Adapter (IEEE 802.11g) - WL-100g

i had all this running before but without Look'n'Stop on both computers(sygate back then)..all was running fine but im not sure wich RULE to install to get it "secure" running using LnS

both computers should have LnS running right?
    can anybody tell me wich .RIE rule i must import to get a connection on the wireless LAPTOP so that i can use internet on it

btw if anyone have good link for setting up secure wireless connection that would be nice..like disabling some settings,using strong encrypted password?

its for my dad and i need to be sure noone can hack into his laptop

sorry for my poor english
    thx in advance for any help on this :)

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi Fred22,

First you need to check that everything is Ok if Look 'n' Stop is not running on the 2 computers.
    If not, you need to fix that 1st.

Then, run Look 'n' Stop only on the server PC (the one directly connected to internet and where ICS has been setup).
    Verify if everything is working. If not and if you are running XP SP2, you have to use the ICS rule from here:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#ICS the rule is "SharingSP2.rie" (at the end of the topic).

Then, you can run Look 'n' Stop on the client PC and verify if it works or not.
    Perhaps some additional WiFi rules will be required on this PC:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#wifi

Regards,

Frederic

3. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

thanks Frederic.. i'm getting there..its working fine atm..only need to tweak some more settings and all is set

ty for pointing to the rules :)

cu!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.