Wireless killed after time by LNS

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by wreckwriter, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Registered Member

I just installed LNS on my third PC. This one connects wirelessly to a WAP that is plugged into my router.

Everything works great for 20-30 minutes, then the connection dies. Repairing the connection (right-click icon, choose repair) will bring it back, nothing else. I have verified that LnS is the cause, no problems if its not running. I have imported and enabled (top of list) the wifi rule and have created rules to enable those things which appear in log when the problem occurs.

Searching the forum I find several folks have had this issue but can't find a solution.

Thanks!

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Is there any blocked packet in the log, just after you detects the connection has gone ?
    Also, you should verify if the problem is coming from the internet filtering or from the application filtering: just disable one of them and check if the connection remains normally.

Regards,

Frederic

3. wreckwriter

Hi Frederic, previously there were log messages but I have enabled rules for them while troubleshooting this. Now there are no log messages, the connection just dies.

I am fairly sure it is the internet filtering but have turned it off to verify. Will report back in a while.

4. wreckwriter

Well, it seems its NOT internet filtering, I really expected it was. Have now reenabled that and disabled application filtering. Nothing shows as blocked in application filtering though. That seems odd...

5. wreckwriter

May not be LnS at all, wireless adapter may be failing. Going to replace, will let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.