Wiped graphics controller

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Greetings....i installed an HP piece of sortware called My Display or something like that....well, i now have min. resolution and a 4 bit display. I am unable to do anything at all in Control Panal/Display.....the res and 4 bit will not change....the original driver SEEMS installed but ........i am unable to find the install cd that came with the computer so can't reinstall drivers from that....is there something short of downloading the driver that i can do to get things back as they should be?

2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

UserName

Installed Hp software...what were you thinking....Anyways, have you tried to uninstalling the software?

3. ravin

ravin Registered Member

you could restart computer tapping the F8 key and choose Last known good configuration. might work.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

have you tryed uninstalling the software.
    then right clicking on my computer, properties,hardware tab.
    device manager.
    right click on your display adaptor then click on properties.
    there should be an option to rollback driver.
    this should restore the old driver that worked.
    lodore

5. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Thanks all....the first thing i did was to remove and reboot the bloody thing....then driver rollback and that showed no backup....then a basic system restore; about 4 attempts and nothing worked........F8 did not work...........a few minutes ago i did a basic system restore to about 10 days back........THAT WORKED .....i use GoBack and i know it sucks as it somethings works and sometimes does not work.....guess i better give in and get a better restore proggy......
    BTW.....i did know better about the HP stuff, but..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.