WinZip Malware Protector

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Oximoronman, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Oximoronman

Oximoronman Registered Member

What do you think about it?
    I think it uses Clam engine :eek:

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's a rebrand of Systweak's Advanced SystemProtector. I would stay well away from this as it has problems with false positives and its detection rate I'm sure would be terrible. As far as I know, Systweak use their own malware database.

3. anon

anon Registered Member

I have also a question:
    WinZip Malware Protector detects the ADWARE/InstallCore in WinZip installer? :isay:

More info here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/avira.345492/page-116#post-2423708
    &
    &

4. guest

guest Guest

InstallCore isn't really harmful. It's just you're typical installer used for bundling adware.

With regard to WinZip Malware Protector:
    There are enough 'security tools' who claim to offer the ultimate solution. Just use something that offers proven protection. (Kaspersky, Symantec, Avira, Trend Micro, etc.)

5. anon

anon Registered Member

6. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

Some more about InstallCore:
    https://blog.malwarebytes.org/fraud...-program-borrows-tricks-from-malware-authors/

On a personal note I'd say it is dangerous to the vast majority of the Internet population who isn't technical or savvy enough to pay attention to the tricks being used to install PUPs.

Also something to note about InstallCore:

7. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

in some cases its a plain picture - if you cant click the options.
    anyhow this option only appears when eg opencandy has web access. a proper hosts file against ads/tracking prevent such access : no opencandy = no adware. just as simple.

the evil here - regular av programs dont recognize such adware and let it pass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.