WINXP Pro SP3 Adaptive Restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by itman, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itman

itman Registered Member

I have a licensed copy of Drive Backup Pro 9.0. I have downloaded and created a Paragon WINPE boot CD.

Questions:

1. Is the adaptive restore feature part of the WINPE boot CD or is a separate download required for adaptive restore?

2. I want to restore WINXP Pro SP3 running on a MSI 939 motherboard to a new MSI AM3 motherboard and AMD AM3 processor.

I currently have two HDDs installed both Seagate SATA II drives running in IDE mode. The OS and application programs are installed on my C: drive. The second D: drive contains two partitions; one for the pagefile and the second for Paragon image backups.

I am using the nVidia nForce SATA drivers for the hard drives and the AMD 939 power management driver for the processor.

Do I have to uninstall all the above non-MS drivers before running adaptive restore? I have done this in the past when changing motherboards.

3. What else needs to be done to ensure the adaptive restore works?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

I believe adaptive restore is a separate winpe download with the 9 series.

You can load any additional drivers you need while running adaptive restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.