WinXP Pro - 64

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by crjackson, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crjackson

crjackson Registered Member

Is Acronis going to release a winxp64 bit version anytime soon?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

afaik, true image doesnt need much changes to work with winxp 64bit or am i missiong something? i can just use the rescue/boot cd and backup my hard drive or any of its partition regardless of OS, am i correct so far?

3. crjackson

crjackson Registered Member

No, not exactly. You see, my system backs it's self up automatically at 4:00am every day. Since it won't install under xp64 I lose this very important feature. Since I own/operate 4 corporations from my systems, backup is criticle and I can't really make a final move to xp64 until all these little things are in place. I'm not just waiting for Acronis, there are other things that have to be updated to xp64 before I can make the final move, but Acronis is one MAJOR factor as my systems are currently set up.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i searched for "64-bit" and basically Acronis Support says that itll be supported soon but there is no timeline or date yet.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WSFuser,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, you are correct, we don't guarantee that the Acronis program will be run on Windows XP 64. We will support it in the future. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.