WinXP crash after installing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kris Dee, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris Dee

Kris Dee Registered Member

Greetings,

After installing "TrueImage", "Disk Editor" and "Driver Cleaner", bundled together on one CD-rom called "DISK EXPERT" by "Easy Computing", on Windows XP with SP 2, Windows fails to boot.

I have an AMD Athlon 3000 (1.8 Ghz) on an Asus "A8V Deluxe" mobo, with 1024 Mb DDR RAM.

During the appearance of the startup logo, Windows hangs (a Blue Screen of Death).

The error message says:
    ------------------------------------------
    "Windows was stopped to prevent, etc etc.
    If this is the first time, etc etc.
    Etc etc.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0x80540FE0, 0xF7A33784, 0xF7A33480)"
    ------------------------------------------

There is no mentioning of any corrupt program or system file...

* "TrueImage", "Disk Editor" and "Driver Cleaner" all three seem to work properly in Safe Mode...

* Unmarking the three startup files and services, which are to be found (via Msconfig) after installing, do not solve anything. Only a system restore in Safe Mode has Windows boot normally again.

* Now it gets weird... After installing the 15-day version of "True Image", Windows *does* start normally...

So, what is the difference between this "3-in-1" edition ("Disk Expert" by Easy Computing), and the stand-alone version of True Image?...

Support at EasyComputing advises to do a full update of WinXP from Microsoft.com. I haven't done that yet. Will that solve my problem? Knowing Wintendo :p, after so many years, I doubt it...

Has anyone encountered such a booting problem with any of the Acronis programs?

Any comments are appreciated... Thank you for your time.

Kris D.

2. Kris Dee

Kris Dee Registered Member

The bundled edition of "TrueImage", "Disk Editor" and "Driver Cleaner", as released by Easycomputing.com under the name "Disk Expert", seems to have problems with WinXP Pro with Service Pack 2 (at least, on my PC).

After re-installing this bundled edition, "Disk Expert", on a clean install of WinXP Pro (so, without SP2), Windows restarts as it should.

Seems that - in my case - SP2 causes Win XP Pro to crash when rebooting, after installing this bundled version "Disk Expert". Nice.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kris,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup and Managing software.

Please register your products at our site and download the latest builds from update page. If the problem persists please do the following:

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.