WinWhatWhere\TrueActiveMonitor

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by emile curate, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emile curate

emile curate Registered Member

Hi, when I run PES , it finds the spyware 'WinWhatWhere\TrueActiveMonitor' at the location: C\WINDOWS\uninst.exe
    When I display this file , the enterprise name is: InstallShield Corporation.Inc
    the product name is: InstallShield unInstaller
    and it has been created on 2004,october. Could anyone tells me if I must remove this file (it is installed in my computer since 2004) , what is its purpose and why PES detects it now and neither 'Spysweeper' nor 'SpyCatcher' nor 'Spybot-Search&Destroy' detects it?
    Thanks a lot ,
    emile curate

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello emile curate,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please don't remove this file. First of all please download the latest build (748.) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then please download the latest spyware updates and try to scan for spyware again. If the problem remains please create a screenshot of what Acronis Privacy Expert Suite found on your computer and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread, also please indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.